(SOLVED) DDS textures invisible.HELP!

Started by Ginev, October 11, 2015, 09:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 11, 2015, 09:06:03 AM Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:07:53 PM by Ginev
I openend on my Gimp program a DDS textures and they are invisible or most of the time only small parts of them are visible.So im sure that there is a texture on the empty places but i can't see it.I tryed exporting to some other format like jpg but i still dont see the whole texture.I know that the DDS texture are protected (hiden) somehow but i dont know how to open them properly.Can someone help me please?Any ideas?Maybe some special program?

I do not know much about this format, but I am using for converting free software, named XnView. Perhaps you need to try it.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

There is simple program for converting DDS to TGA all you do is click on the file. I'll upload this soon for you.

October 12, 2015, 05:07:34 PM #3 Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:26:44 AM by Ginev
The problem was that the DDs files are somehow locked and i cant see them.But i found the "unlocking" method for them.So if some of you use Gimp for example and encounter such a problem just do this:

1.)  Go to "Layer," "Mask," "Add Layer Mask." Select "Transfer Layer's Alpha Channel."
2.)  Go to "Layer," "Mask," "Show Layer Mask."
3.)  Go to "Layer," "Mask," "Delete Layer Mask." You now should have an image with no transparency.

(SOLVED)