Encountered an error while exporting, copy error to clipboard?

Started by i2Bros, July 14, 2016, 12:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was exporting the .msh, selected the dummy root, but when i click export this error pops out:
"Encountered an error while exporting, copy error to clipboard?"

this shows up in the clipboard:
AttributeError: Application.CGA_GetPolyIndicesPerMaterial
    :'(  please help!
"Come on, you apes! Do you wanna live forever?"
- Lieutenant Rasczak speaking to the Roughnecks troopers

This happened to me aswell.First if you are trying to export your own model be sure that everything is fine.Because maybe the problem is in the model.However if your model is fine then here is a trick.Before you import your model in XSI first create a Null.Click on the Null and hide it by pressing H.Then import your model and put it inside the Null.After that click on the Null with your middle mouse button (scroller).When you click you will see that your name of your model inside the Null is also selected.Then export and see what will happen this time.

if you dont know how to do something from what i said tell me!

(Offtopic) By the way did you check my screenshots?You asked to see my double pistol stand animation.

How can I put the model in the null? My model is composed by multiple objects including bones and parts that are organized in a strict hierarchy (the model is not mine and it's a pre-exported .msh file), so i dunno how to put 'em all in a null entity respecting the hierarchies. When I press null with the scroller button everything inside is selected but the error shows up again like if nothing happened.

(Offtopic) By the way did you check my screenshots?You asked to see my double pistol stand animation.
[/quote]
Yes, I did and it's awesome! Can you please, since you are surely able to, create a magma and sand jumptroopers with ggtuk's DICE skins? And if you just want, can we make a modding team? I'm working on a mod as far as similar to EA SWBF and I need good stuff and proud people to finish this. I'm working mainly on classes and weapons, since I'm still getting the ropes of 3D skinning for SWBF. Let me now what you think ;)

If your model that you are trying to export have bones,some of the bones must have specific names in order this to work.Since the model is not your and probably its from other game then it will be best to remove the bones (If this is not a playable character but just a prop).I highly suggest you to start first with simple exporting of props and then work on something harder that have bones.Try removing all bones then find where it says "primitives".Click on that then a little popup menu will appear.From there click null.Switch some of the 4 windows to explorer.Put all your model parts inside the null.Then select them all.On the left there is a section "create".In that section there is "Poly.Mesh".From there click merge.When you click merge another window will appear.Change there the 0.5 value to 0.0  Then click merge for Materials,Uvs,VertexColor,WeighMaps and the for Inputs click delete.This will remove all your models and will leave the new model which is combination from all of them.Be sure to put your model inside the Null.Drag and drop in the Null.A little plus (+) will appear on the left side of the Null.If you click it you will see inside your model that you just droped there.Then middle mouse click on the Null and try to export to msh.For prop model dont check anything in the exportion box.

Quote from: Ginev on July 16, 2016, 07:16:49 AM
If your model that you are trying to export have bones,some of the bones must have specific names in order this to work.Since the model is not your and probably its from other game then it will be best to remove the bones (If this is not a playable character but just a prop).I highly suggest you to start first with simple exporting of props and then work on something harder that have bones.Try removing all bones then find where it says "primitives".Click on that then a little popup menu will appear.From there click null.Switch some of the 4 windows to explorer.Put all your model parts inside the null.Then select them all.On the left there is a section "create".In that section there is "Poly.Mesh".From there click merge.When you click merge another window will appear.Change there the 0.5 value to 0.0  Then click merge for Materials,Uvs,VertexColor,WeighMaps and the for Inputs click delete.This will remove all your models and will leave the new model which is combination from all of them.Be sure to put your model inside the Null.Drag and drop in the Null.A little plus (+) will appear on the left side of the Null.If you click it you will see inside your model that you just droped there.Then middle mouse click on the Null and try to export to msh.For prop model dont check anything in the exportion box.
Thanks for help, I can try, but I'm working on a .msh file by ggtuk that was already exported. Even when I simply import the ggtuk model and export it it still gives me the error. Could you download those models and try to see if the same happens to you?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dsmd2dkbrd4854v/GGCTUK+DICE+Stormtroopers.rar

in the case the models are fine can you tell me how to install correctly the ZE tools, or even share your XSI or Softimage copy with me please? I'm afraid that my Softimage installation is the matter.

Ok i am 100% sure the models work fine.I myself downloaded them some time ago and i tested them.They all work.You have not modified them right?

here is where i installed my XSI SOFTIMAGE 7.5 demo
C:\Users\Yourname\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\

I putted my ZETOOLS folder here:

C:\Users\YourName\Autodesk\Softimage_Mod_Tool_7.5\Addons   -put inside Addons your ZETOOLS folder.

Then tell me if its working.Try export some simple prop model.And dont forget to put them into (hidden H)null.If you still do not know how exactly to do this tell me i will try to give you screenshot.

I'm still experiencing this issue. A screenshoot would be much appreciated, thanks Ginev.