Featured Star Wars Battlefront Map #2: Tatooine: Outskirts

Started by Kit Fisto, December 26, 2012, 05:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
                                                                     FEATURED MOD MAP#2

Tatooine: Outskirts

Developer:EraOfDesann

Rating: 4/5

Tatooine: Outskirts is a map made by EraOfDesann. The only playable era is Clone Wars but it fits the overall feel of the map quite well.
   This map is a large map with the starting reinforcements at 800 VS 800. Now before you click away, the map doesn't take an hour to play through. In fact, it takes your average amount of time for a SWBFI map! There are plenty of vehicles to go around so you are never far away from a fight and even if you go by foot, the battle is never far off. It is an intense 3 way battle between the CIS, Republic and the local tribe of Tusken Raiders. The map features many different and interesting props. For example, there is a skeleton krayt dragon waiting to be used as cover, several destroyed techno union ships, which adds to the feel you are in a large battle, and several turrets made from destroyed vehicles! You will recognize a Forward Command Center serving as the Republic's main base while there is a Techno Union Ship for the CIS's main base! They both can be destroyed ( with the right strategy ). You might also see the iconic Lars Homestead with new props around it!
   This map offers fun for multiple play styles! Maybe you enjoy being a pilot and destroying the enemy from the skies! This map offers Republic Gunships and Jedi Starfighters just for that purpose! Along with Droid Starfighters for the CIS! Or getting in a tank and blasting the enemy from the ground, there are plenty of tanks for you and even a Spider Walker! Or maybe you like to be a sniper and find secluded areas around the battlefield to destroy your enemies from afar, like Tatooine: Dune Sea, this map has areas all around you can explore and get distant kills! Or perhaps you like being a soldier or heavy trooper and duking it out with the enemy, one by one. But there is room for you too in this map! There are 2 main fighting areas just for you! One that is quite open and with hardly any cover for the adventurer, or going on top, or under several arches, where you will encounter the enemy! ( those arches also serve as an excellent speeder bike stunt course )
   This map even has a mini-movie at the menu screen! That's a plus in my book!
   In terms of multiplayer I would say don't even try it. Even with 32 AI on the battlefield, it still isn't enough to have a pleasurable experience. So this is probably best as a singleplayer map.
   The only reason I did not give this map a 5 out of 5 is because it is slightly unbalanced, favoring the CIS, and has some missing sounds. But a major booboo is that you have to have your terrain quality on low if you do not want black all around your character. If all those bugs were fixed it would be an amazing map. But for those who care about visual quality I took the time to take some pictures with all my settings on high ( except terrain quality ) and it still looks good!

Here is the README file that comes with the download:
[spoiler]
      Tatooine: Outskirts
           Version .75
         [Battlefront I]

Author: [GT]EraOfDesann

Eras: Clone Wars (only)

Installation:

Extract the zip file contents into your AddOn folder. The folder
titled "TatOut" must go in your AddOn folder for this to work.
After successfully installing the map, it should show up on
the Instant Action list in-game. This map requires the 1.2
Patch for it work.

Map Story:

A fleet of Techno Union ships has fled Geonosis, with
Republic forces close behind them. In a spectacular space
battle above one of Geonosis' neighboring planets, Tatooine,
several Techno Union ships have been shot down. Crash
landing in the outskirts of the desert world, the surviving
Separatists have scattered across the desert with one
goal in mind: Find a way off-planet and eliminate all who
stand in the way. The Republic has landed swiftly on
Tatooine to stop the fleeing Separatists. However, Trade
Federation reinforcements have also come and have
dispatched their own forces against the Republic while
aiding their crippled comrades. And to make matters worse,
the fearsome Tusken Raiders have marched onto the scene
to defend their territory. It's a three-way battle filled with
carnage! Who will win?!

Changes From Initial Gametoast Release:
Movie
Some Minor Bug Fixes

Bugs:
-Spider Droids & Gunships Are Missing Sounds

Special Thanks To My Beta Testers:
-Teancum
-Grievous/lurtz231 
-Schizo
-NegativeSmiley
-DaCheat
-TheTao 
-Kyross

And of course special thanks to everyone that helped me out!
Sorry I can't remember who did, it's been so long.  ^-^

THIS LEVEL IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED
BY LUCASARTS, A DIVISION OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT
COMPANY LTD. ELEMENTS TM & (C) LUCASARTS, A DIVISION
OF LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD.
[/spoiler]

Map layour picture
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Glamour Shots taken by the author
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Pictures I took with all visual options on high ( except terrain quality which must be on low )
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

And some regular gameplay pictures
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

So there you have it! The next swbfgamers.com featured mod map!

DOWNLOAD LINK
TATOOINE: OUTSKIRTS

Have fun!

-Kit Fisto

Missed a Featured Mod Map? Don't worry here is the previous one!

Rhen Var: Bridge

I'm going to go with that he has a custom side mod installed. Perhaps in the future he could specify any additional mods he is using and what they are doing so people do not get confused?

Oh sorry. That is just my Onilne Compatible Clone Skin. It doesn't change the gameplay. Sorry again. I'll be sure to use stock sides.

It's not a bad map, pretty fun actually.
Way better than Rhen Var: Bridge

Wow thanks Kit! If you were selling this map after reading your first post I'd be your first buyer  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} ~Norris~ on December 26, 2012, 08:33:47 PM
Wow thanks Kit! If you were selling this map after reading your first post I'd be your first buyer  :tu:
Thanks! I guess I did a good job! That makes me proud.  :happy:

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on December 26, 2012, 08:32:57 PM
It's not a bad map, pretty fun actually.
Way better than Rhen Var: Bridge
Yet again, I feel like the only one who actually liked that map. XD

But, anyways, this is pretty sweet Kit.  ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I still prefer RV: Bridges <3
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Thanks!! I actually prefer Rhen Var over this map. But I still like this map.