Hello, I'm new here!

Started by WutIzGremmor, May 23, 2016, 02:58:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is my first post. I registered mainly to get access to the SWBF mods. I've just installed a whole bunch of them, and now I'm about to give them a try.

I'm on PC (Windows 10) and thankful that my disc is readable, despite being quite old, especially since other older games (like SimCity 4) just won't launch on Win10.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is my favourite game of all time. I've played it (probably) in the hundreds of hours. And then I discovered modding! What a joyous day that was!

Anyway, I don't expect to be a regular frequenter, but I may post from time to time.

PS: A lot of mods I tried installing just lead me to The Escapist. Is that normal?

Hellooo !!!! :)) and welcome hereee budy !!!  :moo: :moo:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Welcome here  :wave:

Quote from: WutIzGremmor on May 23, 2016, 02:58:16 AM

PS: A lot of mods I tried installing just lead me to The Escapist. Is that normal?

Did you installed the V.1.3 unofficial patch? It's required in order to play a lot of mods :happy:

"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

Welcome!

Do you mean that you were taken to The Escapist when downloading mods or installing them? If you were taken to The Escapist when downloading mods then that's normal. It happens because gamefront.com, which hosted many mods, closed down.

Quote from: swgaming1015 on May 26, 2016, 08:10:08 AM
If you were taken to The Escapist when downloading mods then that's normal. It happens because gamefront.com, which hosted many mods, closed down.

Oh okay, I understand. Are there plans to link them to the Nexus (where filefront.com is in the process of being archived), or wherever? Some mods looked quite interesting, and I'd like to give them a try.