Gogo12/Ginev Tatooine map Released (Version 1.0 for now)

Started by Ginev, December 26, 2013, 08:18:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ChristmasTin on December 26, 2013, 07:18:01 PM
Worst scene I dont remember, of all time.It has its own sides, so it should work.
It does need stock lvls.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

I think it will need stock side lvl's in order to work.If i remember correctly (cuz i made this side before long time) the only one that use stock odf file is the dark trooper.And if you have mod with different dark trooper odf file that probably crash the map.I am not sure but it will be good to replace your sides/all.lvl and imp.lvl with stock one and try again.About the Chamber Cp yes i know that you can walk in to walls.Like i say in the readme in the forum alot of things are not finished.Now i am making the other weapons with the skins.Ill explaine this when the new update come :D

I hope that some of you guys found out that some sound can be heared from long distance like the sniper rifle.But when you go closer the sound is different :D

Yeah, I tried it with stock skins in place, and it worked. :)

However, it was extremely laggy for some reason after 5 minutes into the map. I tried to put it on a LAN server (usually if a map is on a server it makes my PC less laggy), but it simply crashed my game. I even lowered my video settings to try and play it!

I guess I'l simply need to suck it up with the lag then, cause I know it's not my video settings...

The map lag and for me when i play it but when i reduce the video settings to low/off there is no lag.

I don't have any at all and im playing on high graphic settings
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

I didn't lag but I think it's the first mod map I've played where I waited a few seconds for it to load. Normally with my PC mod maps are instant so there must be a lot in that map. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Well, after playing it several times (with my laptop overheating in the process), I LOVE IT! :D

The destructible buildings are a very nice touch, especially loved that you could blow up almost all of the map. The sides were also pretty cool, loved the weapons! I really am hoping to play the Empire side, I've yet to try out the TIE Tank or any of the tanks at all. Also loved all the other cool elements, like the sound layers, and the little booby-trap for the tank. The only bug I encountered was that I was able to move the portable shield around myself, however I couldn't exit the shield, and it ended up crashing the game.

Other than that, the map is EPIC! Looking forward to the next version! :D

Thanks for the comment :)   Well some of you probably notice that the rebels still dont have tanks.I have alot of things to fix/add/edit in the next version.I am also thinking to give a special file with the next version that when you replace it with old one it gives you to play with the empire (Empire will be team 1 and rebels will shoot you :D )

December 27, 2013, 12:43:11 PM #24 Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:45:17 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
I think Ginev has some sorta empire pregidous, EDIT: never mind... (see post above), he set the empire reinforcements 100 units less that the rebs and the objectives on the right say to beat the empire, and the tank is awesome GM, kinda hard to drive in the city though...

About the reinforcements when i test the map in the past few days (before releasing) i always loose and the empire left with more than 100 reinforcement.I don't know why but we (the rebels) loose faster reinforcement points than the empire.I think this is some sort of bug don't know.This happen to my other maps too and don't know how to fix it :D   Thats why i give to the rebels 100 points more so i think its balanced.In future i will reduce the rebel reinforcements just to be even more hard to win :D  Alot of things need editing :D

About the tie tank i am thinking now do i really need to remove him cuz its too slow and its not usefull.What you think guys?

Well it would be a bit more useful if you had it were you can drive it in the city without blowing up half of the buildings on the map

Actually, I liked the TIE Tank, it was fun destroying buildings around the city. Though perhaps some more, wider paths around the city would make the TIE Tank more maneuverable. I actually love the TIE Tank, but that's just me. All I hope is if it's removed, then someone should put it in the next mod map released. :P

Also, I tried the Empire side, and they sometimes shoot you. Only at a distance though, they don't fire a round up-close, unless you have some teammates with you. Also, may want to add sound to the stormtrooper's rifle. ;)

Yes the rifle need sound.I always forget about that rifle.Every time i am saying myself-add sound to the stormtrooper rifle but in the same time i am always busy with something else and every time i forget.  :slap:

Good work! Realy nice and quality map! :tu:
There is a realy lot of things, you put in there, I found your xmas poster, and I even my old vase. :D
Most impressive thing - sound work, and specialy, sound of the sky objects.  :blink:
Since, it is a still testing version, here list of bugs and issues, I found:
[spoiler]
1. No minimap :(
2. Victory/Defeat shotcam not adjusted.
3. Sound missing: imperial rifle, com turret, supply box.
4. Some building collision issues, including inner spiral bulding, (can't reach the upper turret)
5. Gamplay: a little bit disbalanced, since imperials always loose. 
6. Not sure it an issue, or it's should be like that, but your portable shield, isn't rotate.
[/spoiler]

Oh... and the minute of silence, for the pure souls, in escape pods... :rofl:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf: