SWBFGamers: The Battle Royale

Started by SleepKiller, July 05, 2013, 01:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay to answer recurring questions.

The disguise kit works in MP. Well it doesn't crash at least. So that is something.
No class has five weapons, I don't know why you think one does.

Quote from: Phobos on July 05, 2013, 08:22:09 AM
Do you grant permission to use these sides/units in other mods?
Since a lot of the classes aren't mine it isn't really my call to make. As long as you require people to have the mod installed and call it like this. Then yes.

ReadDataFile("..\\..\\addon\\skmc2\\data\\_lvl_pc\\side\\TehSides.lvl");
ReadDataFile("..\\..\\addon\\skmc2\\data\\_lvl_pc\\side\\addon.lvl");

The best I can do considering not all the assets came with blanket permission to be re-used. (I can't even remember if any did.)
Quote from: Honey Badger on July 05, 2013, 12:23:10 PM
I like the skins alot, will the tgas be released?
Assets probably won't be released. Save the effects and scripting.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 05, 2013, 03:03:14 PM
I'm not sure if this is a bug but I found that with the random classes you sometimes get the same class for both sides. But the loadout is different so did just the skin change? ??? The time I caught it I was double-teaming! :slap:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
I said in rare situations that the same class may be drawn up twice for two teams. The system only guarantees all classes get a turn within two games. Much more and you start to get to a scary level of logical checks.

Quote from: Shazam on July 05, 2013, 02:20:54 PM
Gold Man and I have been playing on the SWBFgamers Battle Royale server on Tunngle and we've noticed that whoever you click to spawn with isn't the person that you actually spawn as. For example; I tried to spawn with my unit and spawned as Snakes. I eventually spawned with my unit by selecting SleepKillers. I'm not sure why this is happening, but it's kinda frustrating.  :wacko:
If you know how to make the server pass it's LUA variables to the client you're welcome to inform me how :P The fact that we can even have random classes in SP is amazing in SWBF1. Just look at it in the way I did, it adds an extra level of randomness to it. You never know who you are going to spawn as!

BTW guys after today I won't be answering any questions since in case you missed it, I am going off on a SWBF break. (Even though I will still be checking up on the forum, writing answers takes more time though.) Ask your questions soon or not at all.

I've also noticed in some of the gameplay when I was playing the map, there's one CP in one of the modes (I think the regular conquest one), that all troops spawn from above, like they fall from the ceiling and land to the ground. They don't take any damage, though it is a minor bug I'd figure to point out.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on July 05, 2013, 05:28:35 PM
I've also noticed in some of the gameplay when I was playing the map, there's one CP in one of the modes (I think the regular conquest one), that all troops spawn from above, like they fall from the ceiling and land to the ground. They don't take any damage, though it is a minor bug I'd figure to point out.
I noticed that also but I figured it was supposed to be like that.  :shrug:

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 05, 2013, 05:03:09 PM
Ask your questions soon or not at all.
Ok.
Will you release the new effects as a common.lvl? Maybe compatible with your legion changer? And have AT-RT driver animation to work with Sereja's maps? 8)

And I forgot to mention that I love map design, maybe when I'm in a dark room I'll play with the "lighting" at "1" like I'm supposed to. :happy:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 05, 2013, 06:12:45 PM
Will you release the new effects as a common.lvl? Maybe compatible with your legion changer? And have AT-RT driver animation to work with Sereja's maps? 8)
If I do, it won't be till I am back modding.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on July 05, 2013, 05:28:35 PM
What, don't you like getting a view of the light hanging from the ceiling up close? Na, this is a bug. I discovered it after I had already done the final munge and started uploading so it was too late to fix it. (If it had of been a major one I would have fixed it.)

July 05, 2013, 07:04:17 PM #34 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 07:07:41 PM by Kit Fisto
It doesn't change gameplay. In fact it kind of reminds me of the SWBFII Jedi Temple mission where the Jedi fall from the ceiling and cut you to pieces. :D

And no rush on that common.lvl. No rush at all, I'm busy still playing your Geonosis: Dust Plains conversion over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..............