SWBFGamers: The Battle Royale

Started by SleepKiller, July 05, 2013, 01:55:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Played several rounds today, and I love it! I thought my unit was pretty balanced, although I've had practice with that M16 on Snake's Desert Town map. :)

All the other units were between overpowered (like Pandora and SleepKiller), and underpowered (Tirpider and RC). Overall though I think this would make for a fun map to play in multiplayer! (As long as nobody uses Sereja's disguise kit).

The map itself was nice (liked the reflective floor). I thought I could climb the hill, though I see the ceiling limit is set to a minimal height. The temple area itself was fun, I could see alot of good fights happen in multiplayer through those hallways. As for the fiery blockade in the one section, it seemed a bit of a pain to me if an AI unit was on the other side of it, because I'd have to walk around to finally nab 'em.

I got a good kick out of all the messages and such (e.g., Gold Man WARNED SPAM BOT 675, Gold Man BECAME ONE WITH THE FORCE, etc.), also liked the touch with the AWESOME MEMBERS and COOL MEMBERS teams.

Overall, a very solid map indeed. The units are both underpowered and overpowered, but the mix seems to balance it out to some extent. And the map makes for a good battle arena (possibly even practice for hallway matches).

I'd rate this map a 9/10. To me it's missing some sort of charm to remember the map by (something like a logo or sort of image to remember it by).

doesn't disguise kit crash in MP?

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on July 05, 2013, 11:55:14 AM
doesn't disguise kit crash in MP?

I think some of the units had 5 weapons too, which isn't online compatible either.  :confused:

Quote from: Shazam on July 05, 2013, 11:56:08 AM
I think some of the units had 5 weapons too, which isn't online compatible either.  :confused:
Me and SK tested it in MP, nothing crashed but I don't think we actively tried the disguise kit.

I like the skins alot, will the tgas be released?

Quote from: Honey Badger on July 05, 2013, 12:23:10 PM
I like the skins alot, will the tgas be released?
I'm not sure, we'd have to acquire the permissions from each contributor.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on July 05, 2013, 12:29:46 PM

Granted.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: UNIT 33 on July 05, 2013, 12:00:53 PM
Me and SK tested it in MP, nothing crashed but I don't think we actively tried the disguise kit.
I'm pretty sure the disguise kit (like the grapple hook) crashes in multiplayer if you use the weapon really fast. So don't go turning it on and off a lot because I think that is what crashes it.

I feel all late, I still haven't played this yet! Don't worry, I'll get to it!

July 05, 2013, 02:20:54 PM #23 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:45:32 PM by Shazam
Gold Man and I have been playing on the SWBFgamers Battle Royale server on Tunngle and we've noticed that whoever you click to spawn with isn't the person that you actually spawn as. For example; I tried to spawn with my unit and spawned as Snakes. I eventually spawned with my unit by selecting SleepKillers. I'm not sure why this is happening, but it's kinda frustrating.  :wacko:

This was awesome.

I owned with my Snake Warrior  8)

The only death I got was when I hit my own mine..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

wow i enjoyed this mod didnt even hear about it until today great work all!!!
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Shazam on July 05, 2013, 02:20:54 PM
Gold Man and I have been playing on the SWBFgamers Battle Royale server on Tunngle and we've noticed that whoever you click to spawn with isn't the person that you actually spawn as. For example; I tried to spawn with my unit and spawned as Snakes. I eventually spawned with my unit by selecting SleepKillers. I'm not sure why this is happening, but it's kinda frustrating.  :wacko:

Your random side loadout is not the same as the servers random side loadout.  The server wins.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 05, 2013, 03:03:14 PM #27 Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:30:49 PM by Kit Fisto
Finally downloading! Be back in a couple hours when I finish playing through 30+ times. :P

EDIT: That was very fun! The most fun I've had in a long time!

Here is a list of things I liked in this mod:

1) The customizable options! This is great and something every new SWBFI mod maps should have. It really lets you control your game experience and I love the option to turn up the lighting. I was playing this outside so I couldn't see much of anything but thanks to SK's magic I can play the map wherever I am. I really love the customizable features. A great new invention.

2) That death match mode was a lot of fun.

3) The effects! I really love the new effects. They look a lot better than the original game effects and I like them better than the last common.lvl mod you (SK) released. Is there a way I can get those effects as a global common.lvl? Would it work with your legion changer if I tried?
I really love the effects and I hope to see them more. Great job on that! :tu:

And of course
4) The sides. Those were some great sides to play as.
I could see the characters personalities through the weapons and skins those chose. My favorite classes were probably the "Kit Fisto" character (Unit and anyone who helped, you did a magnificent job in creating my class exactly how I envisioned it! He was a lot of fun and that reticule was something I wasn't expecting but it made him even better! Great job guys and Thanks! I would have never been able to do it.)
The Tirpider character was very cool also. I liked the skin and his weapons were simple yet effective. Very fun class. SK's class has some very cool new weapons like the Jawa grenade or whatever it's called. I loved how it was a droid head. It reminded me of Lego Star Wars (physical Legos) droid heads!

Every class was very fun to play as but those are the ones that I remember being extra fun. This is really an awesome mod and I give props to everyone involved.

Now get me those fancy effects! :P

After your break of course, you deserve it.  :cheers:

EDIT 2.0:
I'm not sure if this is a bug but I found that with the random classes you sometimes get the same class for both sides. But the loadout is different so did just the skin change? ??? The time I caught it I was double-teaming! :slap:
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

That unit is the most underpowered :P hehe
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: UNIT 33 on July 05, 2013, 12:29:46 PM
Well, you'll need more than just the tgas for mine :P (that goes for alot of ours, actually)
But I don't mind if my unit is released.