Sereja's Felucia: Fungus Forest

Started by Sereja, February 07, 2013, 11:43:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is my converted version of SWBF2 map: Felucia Fungus Forest.

pic:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

link:
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=f943b40addc5ab088c48da7836357c4d&action=downloads;sa=view;down=898

Features:
1. My models, effects, decal, reticules and huds; hex edited sides;
2. most weapon are chargable;
3. secondary weapon for some vehicles added;
4. killable jedi;
5. 5th weapon added;
6. 2nd, and 3rd locals added;
7. decreased effects sides added;
8. SWBF2 sound effects added;

Instalation:

1. Put the 002 folder in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\AddOn folder

2. Put the common.lvl, in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\Common\ENG folder, make backup first.

My map, as usualy, overload by effects, so, if you use slow PC, you have to use my "decreased effect sides": from my Decreased_Sides folder, put them, in to your C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\SIDE folder, make backup first.

Easter Egg contest: just find my avatar pic, and you win!

KNOWN BUGS:

1. Muzzleflash effects become appear in random places. Not sure, but looks like this bug was added by SWBF creators.
2. Ackaly can't walk. Reason: by unknown issue, acklay walk animation, crash SWBF1.
3. Slimer Tank tread do not work. Reason: I do not have any idea, how to make it correct.
4. Slimer Tank can't sunk under water. Reason: I do not know, how to apply walker animation to other model. High modeling knowlege required.

Tester: Kit Fisto.

Enjoy!
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

If this is the map is the same one I originally saw on here, I must say that it crashed on me when I tried playing it. Of course, if it was a beta test, then this map should work for me. (Can't remember if I had Snake's Desert Town sides on when I tried to play that map.)

Thank's! :)
Sorry for hold up. I just forget to check "Download" section :slap:. It was upladed by Led, long time ago.
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on February 07, 2013, 11:57:09 AM
If this is the map is the same one I originally saw on here, I must say that it crashed on me when I tried playing it. Of course, if it was a beta test, then this map should work for me. (Can't remember if I had Snake's Desert Town sides on when I tried to play that map.)
My map may works, only with my original sides. They also may not show up on start screen, if you have custom mission.lvl.
Actualy, it was tested by Kit Fisto, and his slow MAC. No crash reports...

Make sure to have the stock mission.lvl along with the stock sides or Online compatible sides.

February 07, 2013, 04:32:41 PM #5 Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:08:17 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 07, 2013, 03:49:43 PM
Make sure to have the stock mission.lvl along with the stock sides or Online compatible sides.

Like I said, I think I had Snake's Desert Town sides on when I tried, though I might give it a shot again since recently my sides are stock again. :P

EDIT: Ok, my sides are stock, everything is stock (I just have freecam), but for some reason, both eras on the map crash after 2 minutes of playing. I can't even finish a match without a crash! I don't know what's wrong! I know I can still play Nar Shaddaa (and that had WAY MORE effects than Felucia), but I can't play Felucia without it crashing on me after 2 minutes.

Hmm... Probably, it's anyway, overload memory, by effects. Did you try my decreased effect sides?

I checked, and all I saw was the imperial sides, I didn't see any of the clone, droid, or rebel sides with it, only the empire sides.

That's right! Because, on this map, only imperial sides, are carrier of the blast expolsion effects. So, you need to change only them.

Quote from: Sereja on February 08, 2013, 11:39:44 AM
That's right! Because, on this map, only imperial sides, are carrier of the blast expolsion effects. So, you need to change only them.

So if I just change the imperial sides on the Felucia map, both eras will have decreased sides? Hmm, I'l try that out later then.

Yes, some members, of the imperial sides, presents in CW era. It's a droids: Mark IV, IT-O, and Viper.

Ok, I put in the sides with the decreased effects, 2x now I've played it, and it still crashes after 2 minutes, in either era. I don't know what's up with that map, because I can play the other ones just fine. I guess I will take out the Nar Shaddaa map and see if that makes any difference.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on February 08, 2013, 01:08:58 PM
Ok, I put in the sides with the decreased effects, 2x now I've played it, and it still crashes after 2 minutes, in either era. I don't know what's up with that map, because I can play the other ones just fine. I guess I will take out the Nar Shaddaa map and see if that makes any difference.
I do not see any logic with removing Nar Shadda map from Addon/ folder, Battlefront only reads the files when you have the map in your server's map list, otherwise it is left alone by the game.

If you have too many maps in Addon folder at once, it could be a problem, but I bet you know that already.

It would be best to set all video options to their very lowest settings, this is what fixed it for me.

February 08, 2013, 01:14:54 PM #13 Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:27:49 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on February 08, 2013, 01:12:03 PM
I do not see any logic with removing Nar Shadda map from Addon/ folder, Battlefront only reads the files when you have the map in your server's map list, otherwise it is left alone by the game.

If you have too many maps in Addon folder at once, it could be a problem, but I bet you know that already.

It would be best to set all video options to their very lowest settings, this is what fixed it for me.

I just don't get it though. I've been able to run SWBF at medium video settings, without crashing. This map ran with the same settings, and it still crashes. Plus, I have 24 maps in my folder (I usually have 25) in the AddOn, but if it works on low video settings, I guess it will be the only way it will work. Other than that, I don't know why the map won't play!

EDIT: Ok, this map is a mystery. I have decreased sides with decreased effects, low video settings, and the map STILL crashes after 2 minutes! I know it has nothing to do with a file conversion site I've used to get Sereja's maps, because I've used it several times, and the maps run perfectly. There's got to be something up with Sereja's map that won't let me run it without crashing after 2 minutes.

Did you replace Sereja's custom common.lvl with the stock one? :crazy: