Mandalorian Games (Multiplayer Mode)

Started by Snake, December 17, 2012, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
That's very strange.. I'll try to figure it out.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I'm running Vista 64 bit (yes, Vista is awful, but it suffices.  Nice specs too).  I can also try on my Windows 7 laptop and old XP sitting around.
I wonder why this is happening?  I'm redownloading it.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

crashes for me too, pretty sure it's because of the ewok because when I added units with their real odf and stuff the maps were crashing aswell.

Quote from: DEAGLE on December 20, 2012, 08:56:39 AM
crashes for me too, pretty sure it's because of the ewok because when I added units with their real odf and stuff the maps were crashing aswell.

Bingo. I will upload the fixed version as soon as I can.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Crashing because of odf files??? That's weird must be bugged.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

December 23, 2012, 06:58:09 AM #35 Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 10:53:50 AM by Dark_Phantom (The Ghost of Christmas Present)
I think that the Multiplayer mode is confused when it comes to objects that are units at the same time.  You set the number of units, say to 0 (for no AI).  The level reads a file that contradicts that (because that Ewok thing is classified as a unit technically), so what happens?  Crash.
And 1 AI won't fix the problem, because even though it is a unit, what team does it fall under?

Edit:
Fix for this (until a new version comes out without the Ewok):
Go to the hunger2.lvl file in a hex editor
Hit "Find" or "Search" and type in "end_inf" (no quotes).  Scroll up slightly and you will see
BASE....soldier.TYPE....ewk_inf.
Go over to the hex side and put zeroes (00) in for 65776B5F696E66 which is "ewk_inf" on the text side.
The game will then load in multiplayer.  But don't expect to be able to use it online unless everyone uses it.
Once again, thank you for this awesome level Snake.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.