Upload mods/maps to file front?

Started by Kit Fisto, November 10, 2012, 07:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Would it be possible for you to tell them about tunngle in the readme? Or make a folder where the mod is saying how to play online? :D

Kit, it is nice to have site exclusives. 

It is always up to the modder where they put their files, but I have never lost a file here, and we have a supportive community for players and modders here.  No one can say the same about filefront.

And, I suspect half of those downloads are added up when the persons browser crashes at filefront.  My does so quite a lot.  So, you should be careful about reading too much into any download numbers.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Peanut on February 02, 2013, 03:30:32 PM
Would it be possible for you to tell them about tunngle in the readme? Or make a folder where the mod is saying how to play online? :D
Sure! I would encourage that!

@Led: Would you support a tutorial download on how to play Tunggle?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 02, 2013, 03:31:01 PM
Sure! I would encourage that!

@Led: Would you support a tutorial download on how to play Tunggle?

I already have one, and it is here, just where it needs to be.

There is a tutorial download?
Just another question, are you for or against expanding the SWBFI community?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 02, 2013, 03:36:06 PM
Just another question, are you for or against expanding the SWBFI community?

What do you think, Kit.

February 02, 2013, 04:48:48 PM #36 Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 04:53:40 PM by Kit Fisto
Then why wouldn't a downloadable Tutorial on how to still play SWBF online be the smart thing to do? Would that not expand the comunity?

And why did you edit my post?! I spent a while putting that together for a sensible presentation for people to read? Now my argument with you now is one sided because no one can see what I put?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 02, 2013, 04:48:48 PM
Then why wouldn't a downloadable Tutorial on how to still play SWBF online be the smart thing to do? Would that not expand the comunity?

And why did you edit my post?! I spent a while putting that together for a sensible presentation for people to read? Now my argument with you now is one sided because no one can see what I put?

Why not make a PDF tutorial for how to play and host SWBF1 through Tunngle and GameRanger, post on the swbfgamer homepage, and upload it to filefront also? That should hopefully get the attention of some players who might still look on filefront but not here.

Quote from: Phobos on February 02, 2013, 04:59:35 PM
Why not make a PDF tutorial for how to play and host SWBF1 through Tunngle and GameRanger, post on the swbfgamer homepage, and upload it to filefront also? That should hopefully get the attention of some players who might still look on filefront but not here.
Yes! I was thinking the same thing
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

If someone made the PDF I would be happy to upload to filefront.

February 02, 2013, 05:40:42 PM #40 Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 05:46:36 PM by aeria.
Macs have a universal built in PDF exporter. Under the print dialog, select Save as PDF

Just throwing that out there.

-----

IMO a forum post is better because it is updatable. A PDF file will need to be re-released and it can be confusing to what the latest revision is.

#TYBG

Quote from: Kit Fisto on February 02, 2013, 04:48:48 PM

There is no arguing with me, Kit. 

Feel free to provide people with a link to my tutorial.

Points and counterpoints were already made before your resurrected this post.

So can I (or others) make a tutorial on how to play online "with your blessing?"

Quote from: aeria. on February 02, 2013, 05:40:42 PM
IMO a forum post is better because it is updatable. A PDF file will need to be re-released and it can be confusing to what the latest revision is.
Why would the PDF need to be revised/re-released? The instructions do not change for how to play swbf with VLAN.

Quote from: Buckler on February 02, 2013, 05:48:38 PM

Feel free to provide people with a link to my tutorial.

You could also make your own.