Utapau: Island Assault

Started by Snake, October 22, 2012, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry for the double post, I have my superstitions about my number of posts...  :dry:

I played with all stock this time, common and core stock as well. I actually managed to fire at some CIS before they killed me. I probably managed to actually play for a full minute on the map, then it crashed again. I just don't understand. I was playing ALL stock, and it STILL crashes! I can play any other map just fine, it's only this map that crashes!

I guess this means this map is unplayable for me. No idea what the issue could be.

Interesting, I really don't know. That is really the only thing you can do is try it out with everything stock.
Sorry that it didn't work out.

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on April 18, 2013, 04:18:02 PM
I guess this means this map is unplayable for me. No idea what the issue could be.
Too many triangles, not enough process. Happens all the time.
Edit: I just realized, you probably don't know what triangles I'm talking about :facepalm:
- I mean the 3D polygon models have too many 'faces' and overloads your game.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 18, 2013, 04:43:06 PM
Too many triangles, not enough process. Happens all the time.
Edit: I just realized, you probably don't know what triangles I'm talking about :facepalm:
- I mean the 3D polygon models have too many 'faces' and overloads your game.
If that realy so, it's cud be hard to imagine, how many props, Snake, may put there... :blink:
Cud be interesting to see this: it should be much more complicated, then my Nar Shaddaa  :o.
Maybe some screenshots cud be nice ;).
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on April 18, 2013, 05:25:50 PM
If that realy so, it's cud be hard to imagine, how many props, Snake, may put there... :blink:
Cud be interesting to see this: it should be much more complicated, then my Nar Shaddaa  :o.
Maybe some screenshots cud be nice ;).

I'm not quite sure how it would compare to your Nar Shaddaa, Sereja (which I can play with no issues), but I will say the map is very large. Give or take it's the size of the Haruun Kal: Jungle map (if you haven't played it, I would suggest doing so if you're up for large-scale land battles). Anyways, from what I can see from the map, it has a lot of vehicles, and lots of land mass to cover. I haven't been able to do anything with the map (due to the crashes), though I would appreciate if someone could put up some screenshots, just so I can get a feel what the map is like, instead of chill around at 1 cp before it crashes on me.

I am at 100% sure, the crash, isn't connected with custom sides or vehicles. And here the easy trick, to check it: just back up any of stock .lvl map files, like bes2.lvl, and replace it, by extracted mod map lvl's, like uta4.lvl. Then just rename it to bes2.lvl. This way you can play with no or stock vihicles, and totaly stock sides, at any mod map. This also, allow you to play mod maps, with no patched game (this how I play mod maps, before get original disk  ;)).
So, this map, crash anyway, even with no vehicles or custom sides...
I remember Haruun Kal: Jungle map, and may say, those map has very far range of visibility distance... So, if the problem, may hiding in this, you need to try decrease visibility range, with your game options...
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

When I made the map I tried to get as much crap on there my computer could take. Sometimes it would crash, sometimes it wouldn't. What I did was 1. Try waiting a few seconds before spawning (the sudden massive spawn of so many units can cause crash) 2. Try getting to a vehicle fast and getting away from the majority of the units. Sorry for the crashes.. I should have taken into account that my graphics card may be better than others..  :confused:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

i cant even get teh game to load. The map crashes before i can even get into the spawn menu. any ideas?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on April 19, 2013, 01:56:33 PM
i cant even get teh game to load. The map crashes before i can even get into the spawn menu. any ideas?

Make sure you have less then 20-25 mod maps

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on April 19, 2013, 01:56:33 PM

Yeah, the map shouldn't crash when loading so it must be on your end.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well, I figured I would try hosting the map off a LAN server. I set the units to 10 ai, and I must say. I got further than before, actually managed to capture the 3 off land cps, before my game crashed. As much as I liked what I saw, I think this map is just plain unplayable for me. Sorry there Snake. :(

I don't mean to rain on your parade or anything, even though you just got Modder of The Month award.

Oh well.. You need a new computer!  ;)
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Sadly, when i start to play, the cis is able to capture 2 cps, then the game crashes.
could size be a matter?

Yes, I s'pose the map is just too much for some computers..  :confused:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

The thing i noticed about the map is, there are two command posts that start neutral that the ai doesnt go to. Could they be glitched and cause the ais to crash or the map to "derp out"?