Utapau: Island Assault

Started by Snake, October 22, 2012, 07:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh man, this map is brilliant. I don't know what it was you felt you couldn't get across, because this map felt complete to me.
It reminds me a lot of that "Naboo: Isles" (or whatever it was called) crossed with "Ord Mantell: No Greater Glory" but way better!

The map layout is ambitious, but the plentiful vehicles make it less of a trek to get around, meanwhile the attention to detail is just fantastic.
As usual your sides are great.

My only complaint is that it lags on the Mac, but that's why I have a PC too.

Thanks guys! I worked hard on it. This was actually the 3rd or 4th retry because SWBF couldn't handle my original idea: Multiple islands

The planning just wouldn't work.. It took a ton of tweaking just to get it to work on the current two islands on the map. I must have tested the map atleast 200-300 times.. I hope everyone enjoys it though! I forgot to mention that there is an easter egg, so see if you can find it!

Hears a hint:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070209142945/starwars/images/8/8f/ATAT-CHRON.jpg
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Easter Egg you say? I shall endeavour to find it!

Quote from: PP90M1 on October 23, 2012, 04:08:38 PM
Affhhh it crashes Oh :ohmy:
The map, surely has some bug. It crash for me too.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: PP90M1 on October 23, 2012, 04:08:38 PM
Affhhh it crashes Oh :ohmy:

Yes, that is an effect of the limitations I spoke of.  :'( I did all I could to make it crash less but sometimes computers can be overloaded right when the game starts. Just keep trying and/or set all your video settings to low. It should work eventually.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Found it!
I always wonder why the devs didn't use this ATAT model in-game, it's much better than the grey blob vanilla one.

I love the map!
It does crash when I have high texture and effects on though, but its great!

There are some parts on the map that are GREAT for a movie me and a few other people are making, so I'll definitely use it. (and of course be sure to credit you for the map)

Great map

April 18, 2013, 03:10:11 PM #10 Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 03:19:27 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
I know it's an old topic, but today I was wanting to play this map. I've heard people say it crashes, and that it has something to do with graphics, but the thing is, it crashes before the map even loads. I guess I will toggle around with the options until I can get the map to load, otherwise, something's up.

EDIT - Ok, I had all of my video settings on Medium. It loaded, but when I spawned it crashed. I guess I will be playing this map with low settings on...

EDIT 2 - Well, I played this on low settings. I was able to spawn, until it crashed on me after walking around for 10 seconds. I don't know if it's possible to go any lower, I even had my LOD and view distance super low. I guess this map just isn't playable for my laptop, even though I can play Sereja's Nar Shaddaa with medium effects, and not lag. Weird, but until I get some better computer, then I guess this map is unplayable to me.

I was able to play this map on all low. It isn't your graphics card, since I have the worst none gaming graphics card known to man. Make sure you have stock sides, everything stock.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 18, 2013, 03:38:27 PM
I was able to play this map on all low. It isn't your graphics card, since I have the worst none gaming graphics card known to man. Make sure you have stock sides, everything stock.

By stock, would that include skins? Because I have a 212 skin mod on for the reps, and the map itself has it's own sides, I don't see how that would affect me much. Aside from that, I have a custom core and mission.lvl, unless that's the cause. I'l try it out later, if that's the issue.

For some maps with side mods (I don't know why) they call upon the side.lvl in your SIDE folder of LVL_PC. If you have the stock sides (no OC mods either) then the maps should work. You should be ok with the custom core and mission, but if it still crashes remove all mods, OC or not, then try again.  :)

April 18, 2013, 03:48:48 PM #14 Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 04:16:53 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on April 18, 2013, 03:45:56 PM
For some maps with side mods (I don't know why) they call upon the side.lvl in your SIDE folder of LVL_PC. If you have the stock sides (no OC mods either) then the maps should work. You should be ok with the custom core and mission, but if it still crashes remove all mods, OC or not, then try again.  :)

Alright, I'l try that out, I'l see if it works or not. :P

EDIT - Ok, I had all stock sides on, and the map still crashes. Let's see if playing it 'ol vanilla will do the trick.