Battlefront 1.5 Era Mod by jdee/barc (old)

Started by jdee-barc, June 26, 2011, 01:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i changed my mind about tonight. When i get back, I'll release a huge update (with bug-fixes, new content,  etc) because i already have stuff planned for it, such as different kinds of saber attacks: light (not much damage, but they block), and heavy (can instantly destroy a vehicle, but cannot block
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

jdee has requested this thread be locked until he returns.  If you have any *urgent* question, send him a PM.

buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

July 29, 2011, 06:26:02 PM #32 Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 08:42:15 AM by jdee-barc
Topic Unlocked: I'm back from an awesome trip!
Note: while my SWBF computer has no internet, various xfire videos by different people have proved that the multiplayer works.

So this week i've been modding and i've made the following things happen
loading external common.lvl bits (like external command posts that must be destroyed
Wave GCW era on Kamino (starkilller clone vs. Stormtroopers and Boba Fett). CW era on chainisle, hoth and endor

weapon's changes
Rifles all have unlimited ammo, kill in 3-4 hits, fast-firing, and overheat

pistols have ammo limits and overheat, between 36 and 55 rounds per clip. each non-commanding unit that has a pistol, gets one clip. a commander-class unit gets 3 clips. pistols fire fast, and kill in two  hits. the exception to this is te DL-44 Pistol, which has overheat and no ammo limit, but can charge to shoot a very powerful laser that does damage to vehicles and kills in 1 hit

Edit:
New Unit Redesign
the Sniper class has been merged with a few special units, different for each map

Clone Commando: DC-17M Sniper x18, DC-17M Blaster Rifle x300, Sonic Detonator x3, Tripwire/Proxy Mine x3
Clone Shadowtrooper: DC-15x Sniper Rifle x200 (full auto), Disguise Kit, Remote Charge x5, Orbital Strike

BX Commando Droid: E-5s Repeater Rifle x200, Vibrosword, Proxy Mines x5, Wrist Flamethrower
Separatist Commando: SC Blaster Rifle, X-45 Sniper Rifle x45, Pulse Grenade x3, Recon Droid x1

Storm Commando: RT-97c Heavy Blaster Rifle (a 2-hit kill sniper, but reall fast-firing), EN-11 Neuro-Poison Carbine, Stealth, Tripwire Mines x3
Imperial Officer: E-11s Repeater Rifle x200, SE-14r Repeating Pistol, Cluster Grenade x12, Orbital Strike

Militia Bothan Spy: X-45 Sniper Rifle x50, Disguise KIt, Remote CHarges x5, Orbital Strike
Militia SpecForce Commando: A295 Sniper Rifle x250, DH-17 Blaster Pistol, Cluster Grenade x12, Time Bomb x3

Stormtroopers have been Redesigned to be, more clone-ish
Rebels have been completely redone into TFU militia, hero is Rahm Kota instead of Luke (but doesn't really look like rahm kota because no one made a rahm kota model that was released)).

New Vehicles
AT-MP
Pilot: CHainguns, Missiles
Co-Pilot: Missiles

Prototype AT-HST (Heavy AT-ST)
Pilot: Laser Cannons, IOn Cannons
Co-Pilot: Seismic Depth Charges x18

Imperial AT-XT
Pilot: Beam Cannon, Homing Rockets x36

The Orbital Strike is being redesigned to set it so you have a full map-like view of the battlefield, so you can place a strike where you want to with precision, like as if you were in a capital ship in space.

On some maps (only maps with starfighters/gunships) there will be capital ships either landed or in the sky, in place of some, or all Command posts. these have to be destroyed,

turrets and gunships have been removed on bespin platforms, as have some walkways and ramps, so it's more focused on dogfighting. Starfighters, and Interceptors and one bomber each for blasting ground soldiers off the map. height limits removed, boundaries removed, and another 2 gas platforms sets identical to this set way up in the sky, and  way below the main platforms.

more to come
Current Projects:

Hey glad to see you back!  :moo:

Your new ideas sound awesome!

Also, I wonder how they played online, mines still doesn't have it...
All great things take time.

I've found the problem and fixed it. But I haven't released it yet as now i'm working out all the other bugs and adding content, to make a version 2.0 of the mod.
Current Projects:

Awesome, can't wait!  :cheer:

Update: Two new campaigns to replace the stock(or add alongside, if possible): EMpire Ascending, and "The Life and Opinions of IG-88, Bounty Hunter" are in development

Empire Ascending (based loosley off of TFU, very loosely)
Kashyyyk: Invasion. Stormtroopers, 4 Officers, and 2 Commanders, vs. Wookiees Soldiers, and 6 Wookiee Commandos. Heroes: Darth Vader and Kento Marek. The Officers
Kashyyyk: Final Battle: Darth Vader vs. Kento Marek (for now he looks like a slightly retexture ep3 Anakin). Local Sides: Stormtroopers, and Officers
Geonosis: Firefight in the Chainisle. Stormtroopers vs. Geonosians and TFU Militia. Heroes: Starkiller and Rahm Kota
Naboo: Imperial Diplomacy: Like BF2. Stormtrooper vs Royal Guards, Jedi, and Queen
Felucia: Shaak Ti's last stand: Starkiller vs. TFU MIlitia and Shaak Ti. (I need models of felucians)
Return to Kashyyyk: Starkiller and Militia and Freed Wookiees vs. Stormtroopers and Darth Vader
Rhen Var: High Altitudes. TFU Militia vs. Stormtroopers

The campaign based around IG-88 and his IG88 army has not been planned yet

New Features besides campaign.
Starfighters are all about twice as fast, accerlate to higher speeds, and turn at sharper angles (sharper as in they can do a 360ยบ in a fraction of a second if you hold the button for a little bit. in a sense, the sharper turns cause them to be able to do almost-barrel rolls.

Gunships no longer hover by default, they move like starfighters (but a tad slower), but can slow down to hover by pressing the deaccelerate button. I kind of like them this way.

I've removed Ty294's IGF legion. It seemed out-of-place and outdated, as i lost the IGF side's folder, except for the odfs, which made me unable to upadte. Some weapons have been kept (Flak Launcher, Scattergun, Advanced Grenade, Concussion Rifle, etc), and some textures.

I've added new Maps
Coruscant City
Coruscant Streets
Death Star Interior
Current Projects:

It will be neat to play on the new maps.
I have them, but it's stock version.... So not as fun for me... >.<

Adding gogo12's Korriban and Naboo invasion.
Current Projects:

I have decided that i will release 2.0 as the last version for SWBF 1 and i then will move on to SWBF2.
Current Projects:

Hi jdee,

We appreciate your SWBF work, and look forward to 2.0

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Cool more new maps!
Then I may just play BF2 again...

The BF2 port will happen only if i can get the sides to work, right now i'm using 1.3 patch, with extra units in a small tside file. (namely, CLone Commando, Storm Commando, Tactical Droid, and Rebel Jet Trooper). I plan on porting a few of Majin Revan's old BF1 maps, making a few self-made versions of the stock maps (both SWBF2 and BF1), a few custom maps, and Psych0Fred's Chainise

The BF1 UPdate is a having a major sucess
Current Projects:

Hey quick question. Will you be fixing how op the Rebels are?