Battlefront 1.5 Era Mod by jdee/barc (old)

Started by jdee-barc, June 26, 2011, 01:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 26, 2011, 01:28:47 AM Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:31:11 PM by jdee-barc
This is what I've been working on since last summer, the sequel to the old "Second Sides Mod" that i made in july or so.

EDIT: D/L Link broken. .zip archive got corrupted :( . Wait for version 2.0 If you're looking at this topic now

Readme

Battlefront 1.5 is the first attempt at an actual era mod for SWBF1. Based on a combination of two simple scripts, new game modes and eras can be added for new sides, while retaining stock sides and stock maps, and bypassing the addon map limit. It introduces worlds ported from SWBF2, community made worlds, and new modes, using new units, new vehicles, new heroes, and upgraded visuals

Installation Instructions
Before doing any of this, make sure you have the 1.2 Patch installed for SWBF

Extract the folders Data and AddOn. copy this into the destination box: C:\Program Files\LucasArts\star Wars Battlefront\GameData (or wherever your GameData folder exists)
Say yes to replace and/or overwrite for all items

optional if you don't want stock sides in maps included in mod (like bf2 conversions, and community made maps
remove the following folders from AddOn if you have them
myg1, kashunt, nab4, fel1, mus1, uta1, MCW (another Mygeeto conversion), FF1 (another Felucia conversion), chainisle, RSN, BEQ

IMPORTANT: AFTER INSTALLING, I AM ABSOLUTLEY SERIOUS, YOU MUST READ THE DOCUMENTS IN THE NEWLY CREATED FOLDER "DOCUMENTATION", ALTHOUGH, THE ONE ABOUT ANIMATION YOU CAN CHOOSE TO SKI

For those looking to install it on a mac, I'll put up a zip archive with the folders for manual install.
For those seeking to uninstall, an uninstaller will be made at a later time.

CREDITS
DEVISSR_REX and Icemember: A lot of the clone and stormtrooper model
ACE Mastermind: OOM Droid Models, backpackless droid models
battlebelk: core, mission, and common lvl builders
SleepKiller: new game fonts
DarthDUCK: Pistol animation, Remapped troopers
Kinetosimpetus: DC-17 Pistols
CodaRez: EVO trooper, Improved IG-88 model, Improved Stock Stormtroopers
Rougeknight: Halo Gun Model
Maveritchell: Z-95 Headhunter Model.
Conversion Pack Team: Conversion Pack vehicle assets (in particular, the Star Viper)
Teancum: the missionlist script. Without it, this mod would not have eras and modes, also, his improved A-Wing
AQT: Jumptrooper, Stormtrooper skinpack, TFU Militia model, TORtrooper model
Zymotico: JK2 V-19
Imp_Strikeforce/Rebel_scum: Mygeeto, Mustafar, Felucia, and Utapau Conversions
Psych0fred: Chainisle Map, releasing fully working K-Wing, Light Attack Speeder, and HAG assets
BIG-Cooke: AAT skin
Dragonum: DC-15s Pistol
The Royal Guard was made for JKA by Eric Landenreau, and converted by DarthDUCK
ggctuk: Main play mod assets v6, Imperial Clone Commander skins, katarn trooper and incinerator trooper assets
arc_commander: BFX assets
bamdur: help with animations
Vyse for the Vibrosword?
Caleb117 for an alternative chaingun model
gogo12: Dantooine, Core Ship Map, Renegade Squadron Space Map (labeled as Space Kashyyyk)
THEWULFMAN: 501st clone skins
Pandemic for Stock Assets
Repsharpshooter for the E11s Model and DC-15ex model
OOM-9: DC-15 Carbine
MaxLoef: DC-15A Rifle texture

NOTE: GOGO12's RENEGADE SQUADRON MAP IS LISTED AS [MOD]SPACE KASHYYYK. I thought RENEGADE SQUADRON SEEMED BETTER FOR A STANDALONE MAP THAN A LARGE MOD.

BUGS
Utapau and Mygeeto occasionally have buggy collision issues.
AI pilots in Renegade Squadron map tend to fly into their own capital ships at the beginning of the mission
Bespin Platforms in CW mod era: Visual effects tend to short out and dissapear after a while. I have no idea as to why this is the case
the visual patch for the stock sides, i've tested to be multiplayer compatible, but I'm only 99% sure of that, not 100% sure.
Commander Cody and the Jumptrooper have bone-roots sticking out under their legs.
B1 droids look a bit awkward when they hold their pistols.
The ARF scout and clone engineer models for some reason won't conform to the skeletons that made them walk more realistcally, so they walk in the default animation that is ok, but makes them bend unnaturally to the left.
Thanks for downloading Battlfront 1.5!
The Royal Guard is scrunched up. I don't know what happened during the munging process, but it made everything about it twice as fat.

OK here are more bugs. Because i don't want to get this topic filled with bug reports. PM me about a bug you find.

Bugs reported already
Multiplayer doesn't work for modded eras (I"m looking into this)
Droid chunks are miscolored
there is no sound on [MOD]Kashyyyk Docks in GCW era
the credits list is slightly inaccurate
no sound for E-11 Blaster Rifle in mod sides
no sound for LAAT gunships on [MOD]rhen var harbor
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

OH MY GOD this mod is beyond anything I've played before on SWBF! ITS AMAZING... cannot put into words...

Does the mod keep swbf1.2 online compatible?

I'm 99% sure it does. because it retains the stock sides as well. Anyway, you need the 1.2 patch for it to work properly
Current Projects:

Here are screenshots

Screenshots: a lot of them.
[hide]

[/hide]
Current Projects:

Graphics are really nice, i'll give a try, thanks 4 releasing !

I don't have SWBF1 yet so I can't play it, but I'd like to precise that the improved IG-88 was made by Codarez.

June 27, 2011, 06:51:06 AM #7 Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 07:00:54 AM by jdee-barc
Ok i fixed it for the readme here and I'll need to fix it for the actual installer itself

IMPORTANT NOTE:
If you are planning on using SleepKiller's SWBF renewed mod or ggctuk's Battlefront Expansion, you're going to have to remove this mod first. You can really only have one properly working mod at a time.
Current Projects:

Hi Jdee--

incredible work!

I do have (for now) one question--can these mods be played in multiplayer?  Or are they just campaign modes (like dantooine) ?

thanks,
buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

All maps work techincally but there are a few maps that should not be played in multiplayer The maps that should not be played in multiplayer are the following (because they are hero-mode maps. one hero unit (you vs. waves of enemies)

Maps that should not be played in multiplayer.
Mos Eisley in modded era (labeled Mos Eisley: hero assault, because it's one player vs. a ton of bots)
Space Kashyyyk (gog12's map. the way i have it set up, there is a ton of bugs
Hoth in modded era: too many bugs
Rhen Var Citadel: its a duel era. Starkiller vs. Darth Vader. Meant for single player

Modded era maps have the symbole [MOD] before or after the title.
Stock eras on stock maps work in multiplayer. i just gave the stock sides a visual patch as well which retains multiplayer compatibility
Current Projects:

For those of you interested in switching back and forth between Jdee's mod and the original game, I would suggest that you do the following:

-before installing the mod, make a copy *of your entire SWBF game folder"
call it C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Copy of Star Wars Battlefront

-install the mod into C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront  as directed in Jdee's readme

-when you want to play the original game, rename the C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront as
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Jdees Star Wars Battlefront

and rename C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Copy of Star Wars Battlefront back to
C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront

June 28, 2011, 06:42:27 AM #11 Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:49:08 AM by jdee-barc
Actually its much different from that. You don't have to make a copy of your original SWBF folder to play the original game.

The stock sides are included in the mod. All i did with those was give them a visual upgrade, so they look better (like the sides in bf2's 1.3 patch) . This makes it possible to play in multiplayer on the stock worlds with those who do no have the mod and the stock worlds have been left untouched and unedited. common.lvl (the file that loads command posts, turrets, landmine ordnances, and a ton of other models and files) has been edited, but it still retains multiplayer compatibility. localization has been edited, but hasn't changed a thing with multiplayer.

To play with the original game only. go to (for example) C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Addon. Move the folder bfunleashed from addon, or delete it if you wish to never play the mod again.

and you install to C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars battlefront\GameData for it to work properly.
Current Projects:

Quote from: Buckler on June 28, 2011, 06:17:05 AM
make a copy *of your entire SWBF game folder"
call it C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Copy of Star Wars Battlefront
Just do it and no worries. Jdee orange droid sniper is very cool.

I suppose you could do that also. but again, extract the mod to C:\Program files\LucasArts\Star wars Battlefront\GameData so it installs properly.
Current Projects:

Quote from: jdee-barc on June 28, 2011, 06:42:27 AM
Actually its much different from that. You don't have to make a copy of your original SWBF folder to play the original game.

The stock sides are included in the mod. All i did with those was give them a visual upgrade, so they look better (like the sides in bf2's 1.3 patch) .

Understood--but after playing SWBF the original visual style for so long, it is hard to switch to a new visual style on a permanent basis.