XSI and exporting

Started by Led, August 18, 2012, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 18, 2012, 02:46:39 PM Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 03:25:47 AM by tirpider
I have a PC that I can use for XSI trial version installs. 

Would it be possible to set up the exporter on it and export models made in the version 7 mod tool thing for SWBF?

edit by tirpider: changed icon to ?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

August 18, 2012, 10:18:47 PM #1 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:09:19 PM by Sereja
Sure, but you have install Pandemic exporter, from SWBF2 (not SWBF1) assets.
As far, as I know, the only possible format, it can import, from XSI ModTool 7.5, it is .xsi 5.0
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

August 29, 2012, 08:40:53 PM #2 Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 09:10:13 PM by Buckler
OK, i got your model, and used File Import dotXSI
and got in in there... now I need to figure out how to export...

I have the SWBF2 pandemic export tool installed.    I will update when I can figure something else out.  If you have any hints, please let me know!

When I export using the pandemic tool, all I get is a 2 kB msh file...

OK, i have tried various export options, and now it looks like it is trying to export, but then XSI crashes...

OK, i use a box selection to choose the model, and got a decent sized MSH file to export and it looks correct i the MSH viewer...now I must work on animation.

Im not sure how to get the ZAFBIN files, but I have attached an MSH file...help please :)

Animation in XSI for swbf is probably the hardest thing you can do in XSI and requires many steps in order to export it properly. You cant import/export animation from a higher version of mod tools above 6 (ex. 7.5 cant export into 5.1 and vice versa, but 4 can export to 5 and so on) As for the dotxsi files, I dont really remember how they work.

August 29, 2012, 10:17:35 PM #4 Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 10:53:16 PM by Sereja
Good work! You just export static prop, and this is not bad for begining. You shoudn't worry about zaafbin/zaabin for now. The disireable result, it is 3 (!) files at ones:
"door.msh", "door_basepose.msh", and "door_open.msh".
I never export animation before, so, I have no any idea, how it may be done, but I will look at some tutorials, and update, if I found something useful...
Quote from: Bamdur on August 29, 2012, 10:11:10 PM
Animation in XSI for swbf is probably the hardest thing you can do in XSI and requires many steps in order to export it properly. You cant import/export animation from a higher version of mod tools above 6 (ex. 7.5 cant export into 5.1 and vice versa, but 4 can export to 5 and so on) As for the dotxsi files, I dont really remember how they work.
XSI is CAN recognize animation from a higher version of mod tools, but it shold be .XSI 5.0 format, as I send it.

-Edit

Well, the best thing, I can found is this tutorial:
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14540

Look at step 7, this should be a solvation.

Quote from: Sereja on August 29, 2012, 10:17:35 PM
Good work! You just export static prop, and this is not bad for begining. You shoudn't worry about zaafbin/zaabin for now. The disireable result, it is 3 (!) files at ones:
"door.msh", "door_basepose.msh", and "door_open.msh".

I can export the open door, and the closed door. 

Is there anything special about door_basepose.msh ?

I have noticed that you can load the pandemic exporter into mod tools 7.5, but it crashes when trying to export.  If you wish, you can see what my export options are though, and see if you have any suggestions.

I will study the tutorial.

Well, I just know, how the final product should look's like, becouse, Lephenix already export it for me once, and I got those 3 files. (Unfortunately I probably made it incorrect in begining).
The easy test for you, it is try open them with SWBFViewer (small program for display msh in 3D view). If you export right format files (basepose.msh and open.msh), than you can NOT see them with SWBFViewer. You should see only door.msh.
Well, if you will have some free time, I cud suggest you to make your own "simple door", so, you may understand the process better....
Yes, I am realy can install Pandemic addon, but it is useless part of decor, and I can't even open this aplication for export. I think, if you already export static prop, you do everything correct. For export anims, tutorial may tell you much more then me... ;)
Still, here the tips for adding flags, with Pandemic addon (if you ever wish to make your own model):
1. select some model or primitive, you made.
2. Click "Poligon" (the model should become yellow)
3. Then make slection of poligons, with mouse cursor (model should become red)
4. Select Pandemic addon, and choose "edit flags" (after that, you may change parametres and explore all ability, that Pandemic addon may have).

OK, here is what I think is a base pose, and an open door and a closed door.

Tell me what I need to work on next--animation?

http://www.mediafire.com/?fge2vyh2vn1p6c6

I think, it is little early, to talking, about "next--animation". You still exporting simple static props. Probably you forget, about test with SWBFViewer... They also should be different size:
door.msh - 196 kb
open.msh - 6,57 kb
basepose.msh - 2 kb

I viewed them with Tim Skillmans viewer.  I'm not sure what goes into "basepose".  I will continue to read.

Yes, but when you open them, with Tim Skillmans viewer, you must not see them. (open.msh and basepose.msh).
You still need to figure out, how to correct export all of them, not just "basepose".

Hmm, I see them all.

September 01, 2012, 02:44:53 AM #12 Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:27:06 AM by Sereja
That's becouse they are all just static prop...
Maybe, it's cud be a good idea, to post a question on Gametoast, sines, most of 3D modelers active there...

-Edit

Ok, I just try to export it with Ande ZETools, and here my explanation, how it possible works:
1. door.msh export:

select the dummyroot, make sure animation is at frame 0
Clicking on the |< will get you there.

2. basepose.msh

Delete all the meshes. This mean delete all my 3D door parts :bye:
Now you should see only "sceleton"
Change the 30 on the timeline to 1. Make sure you are on frame 0

3. open.msh

Next change the 1 back to 30 and change the 0 to 1 on the timeline. This time make sure you are on frame 1.

Now about zaabin/zafbin making: here the link, that can explain you everything.
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=28317&sid=5a4b5d7db05768de85defe0aea8e616e

Unfortunately, I don't know about export aplication selected options, so, you have to try them by yourself...

-Edit

Well, now, when I can using Andy's tutorial, about door exporting, everything become much more clear...
I am start totaly new Scene, and create new simple door, exactly, how it look's like in tutorial, but now, using guidline for export by Andy.
Unfortunately it still crashes, when I munge it, or in game, but I just feel, solvation of this mistery, is not too far... Well, or may be not...
Anyway, I have to give up of testings for now, and have back to my Nar Shaddaa project, if I wish to finish it, before New Year happens, but after that, surely will try to continue explore this "totaly dead end" more harder...

P.S. Well, if somebody else, may found solvation for this, it's cud be realy Great!

-Edit

I just test it with SWBF2 munge folders, and the animation is realy works!
I create totaly new simple door, totaly similar, as it look's in tutorial.
Unfortunately it has no collision, and may not crash for SWBF2 only. But the same happens, when Lephenix, try to help me export my door with real XSI and Pandemic addon, so, I may say, ZETool is functional, similar to Pandemic! I just can making only incorrect doors.  :(
So, if you ever figure out, ho to make correct doors, I may guide you step, by step, how to export and munge it. :cheers:

So the animation works for SWBF2 but not for SWBF1?
You could try using the parameters from Jabba's Palace munge_animation.bat.

BFBuilder\Assets\Shipped Add On\DataTAT3\Common\Animations\munge_animation.bat
@REM called from $\Animations\subfolder\
@REM   all params are passed to zenasset
@REM   if there are more than 9 parameters to pass, you can enclose all params in double quotes

@setlocal
@set PATH="%CD%"\..\..\..\..\ToolsFL\Bin;%PATH%

zenasset /multimsh %~1

binmunge -inputfile *.zaa -chunkid zaa_ -ext zaabin -outputdir %2\munged\
binmunge -inputfile *.zaf -chunkid zaf_ -ext zafbin -outputdir %2\munged\

del *.zaa
del *.zaf

@endlocal

The zenasset ... line is different from the zenasset line in the SWBF2 munge_animation.bat.

Yes, I am using exactly the same bat file, and succesfuly munge bespin forklift sample, by using it...
But my door, is not: it crash not just in game, but even, when I try to start munge process...