Felucia: Marshland (Delta1 Released!)

Started by Jedikiller, September 18, 2009, 11:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi guys-

Today I have some exciting news- I converted Felucia!

Well, not entirely... there are a few things that still have to be touched up, like localization and water. However, the conversion is essentially bugless, it looks almost exactly like BFII Felucia, and it's in a completely fun and playable state right now!

I don't want to release this alpha, but rest assured I will work on it ceaselessly throughout the weekend and you will have a releasable version sooner rather than later.

For your viewing pleasure, I have included screenshots of the conversion:

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy the final version of the map!

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Great job, JK!  I am definitely looking forward to your release... a while back I made an inaccurate port of Felucia (the terrain doesn't match the BF2 map and there's no water) which I didn't plan on finishing so I'll be happy to add a mission map to your upcoming release so I can plug my new units into Felucia Woods instead!

So what does that now leave - the new Geonosis BF2 map, Tantive IV, Kashyyyk and Dagobah?  Someone should inform Battlebelk to ensure that he doesn't duplicate JK's efforts here, as BB mentioned to me he was working on porting all the BF2 maps to BF1 also.

That JK is the sex. I wants to pick it up and take it home with me  :hug:

Hurrah, that's something I call progress ! Good look with the final, any
plans to add vehicles?

That looks sweet JK. Another BFII map converted to I. Thanks JK, I'll be watching for the official release. :cheer:

Good job JK! If you need help, I'll be around later today

Can't wait

( :nervous:@ Napseekers units...Shaak Tii?! Felucia?! mmmm)

Do you all want vehicles or not?

This shouldn't affect the release schedule, but if you want them they can be included in a future release.

Quote from: Jedikiller on September 19, 2009, 09:55:59 AM

This shouldn't affect the release schedule, but if you want them they can be included in a future release.
At the risk of a spammy post, yes.

Have you had munge problems at all with Felucia like I did with Geonosis? I have but I've tried to fix them to no avail. I'd be happy to apply to beta test this if possible.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Jedikiller on September 19, 2009, 09:55:59 AM

I'd like to see vehicles if the original BF2 map had vehicles on it (just to ensure a proper recreation).  Of course, you could also offer a mission map then that also leaves out vehicles for those that would prefer to play without.

I didn't have any munge problems, just SPTest problems. I fixed all of those, though :/

Don't know about beta testing, but thank you for the offer.

Nice work JK! I think tanks/vehicles should be included just for the heck of it and making an accurate port, but I haven't played Felucia, so I'm not sure if it has tanks or not.

There are snail tanks and AT-RTs in the map if memory serves me correctly.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

This map is better off without the vehicles IMO.
If you do end up adding them, please also release a mission map.

#TYBG

Hmm, the map is kinda big...vehicles could be nice, but hey, whatevers best :)