How do you hold your mouse?

Started by Jedikiller, September 08, 2009, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Inspired by the keyboard technique thread, this one asks how you hold your mouse.

This is a listing of a few of the most common ways people place their hand on the mouse: http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/html/palmgrip.php

I am a palm-grip person. How do you hold it?

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Well, I grab it firmly, first of all. The way I hold it: I have my palm about the middle to end of the mouse with my first finger on left mouse click, middle finger on second. I use the first to use zoom if I have to.

um isnt there only one way to? I hold it like a pc left and right click mouse (my mouse is the least expensive one from an imac computer :P)

I am kind-of a mix between a palm-grip and a claw grip.  It really matters what I am doing.

Trackball FTW!
Playing SWBF on a Mac Since 4.6 years ago!

I use a Palm grip mainly, it'll slide into a claw at times but not often- generally only when i'm playing a really twitch style game.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

@Rex, if you had clicked that link you would have found out the answer to that is a firm NO. In fact there are also variations between the three main types listed, claw, palm, and fingertip.

I'm generally a fingertip user, though both my pinkie and ring finger on my right hand rest on the side instead of the ring near the top.

I hold my pointer finger on the left button (and for wheel spinning), index finger on the right button, my thumb on the left side of the mouse, and my two left fingers to the right of the mouse (on the desk itself) for stability. Works good for me.

I've noticed a couple of references to the wrong finger names in this so far, so for those who seem to have the wrong ones, ub3r diagr4m coming up:

September 17, 2009, 08:17:02 PM #9 Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:18:35 PM by ag
I thought I might add to this topic.

I always use fingertip grip because of my big hands. My hand can't fit palm the palm/claw grip. I personally find it to be the best way to hold the mouse for accuracy (I'm 85% of the time sniper) although it can tire you out if you're out of practice.

My thumb is on the left curve, my index is on the left click, my middle is on the scroll wheel/ right click, and the left side of my pinky is against the right curve. Try it if your hands can fit it.

#TYBG

i suppose i mostly do a clawish grip, but i kind of rest the very back of my plam on the mouse, and bring it almost down to my wrist.

"History shall be kind to me, for I intend to write it."
                    -Winston Chruchill

Hey, please try not to post in topics over thirty days old. It helps keep the forums spam-free! :D

Locked.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)