Tranquan: Tech Centre (Conversion)

Started by Jedikiller, May 01, 2010, 09:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 01, 2010, 09:49:01 PM Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:15:03 AM by Buckler
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=277

This is a small project that I was working on for most of today. This does not mark my return to the SWBF1 modding 'scene'; rather, it is a small project that I was working on previously that I completely forgot about and decided to work on today, and got it into a playable state.

With that said, I present to you...

Tranquan: Tech Centre
a SWBF2 custom map by Skyhammer_216
converted to SWBF1 by Jedikiller

This is a small map, set in a military base-ish environment. It features tight spaces interspersed with moderately sized rooms. It is mostly made out of custom models and the like. It can most likely be compared to the shipped Tantive IV map with SWBF2, except not as hard on the eyes. I selected it to convert as I was impressed with how much I enjoyed playing the map in SWBF2.

Sky gets all of the credit here- I just convert. He did a good job making it compatible, though I doubt that was his intention. I'll go ahead and copy his credits list here:
QuoteLord_Bandu - dantooine trees
DarthD.U.C.K. - resized CW assets, working Thule cannon
Caleb1117 - some props used on Tranquan
Pandemic, Teancum - CW assets
and if you're interested in checking out the original map, here it is on SWBFFiles: http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Dark_Space_Map_Outtakes;104501

Get the download here!

Screenshots (press left/right arrows to advance through them)?

[smg id=10 align=left]
[smg id=11 align=left]
[smg id=12 align=left]
[smg id=13 align=left]
[smg id=14 align=left]
[smg id=15 align=left]
[smg id=16 align=left]

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Whoa....That's pretty sweet! Thanks for bringing it to SWBF1 JK. I will definitely try this out when you are finished.  :moo:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Same here, can't wait to DL and try it out.

Quick question - since I assume most of his models didn't have collision geometry built-in, does SWBF1's munge auto-generate collision geometry for meshes like SWBF2's does?

The beta proved to be very fun, I can't exactly give it a proper review because we were playing it 4 in the morning. There isn't much glitches with the exception of Hardcore being stuck in the window and the hanger having no roof collision (recon droid got inside).

#TYBG

Looks very nice JK!! I can't wait to try it :).

Man, you missed the most fun part of that :P HC, VF, and I all got outside of the windows and onto the ground. It was awesome.

Delaying release a bit to add some easter eggs... expect it today, though. Trust me when I say this map is very fun to play, and our little beta session was one of the most fun things I've done in SWBF in quite some time. :)\

Quote from: Maveritchell on May 02, 2010, 08:27:21 AM
Quick question - since I assume most of his models didn't have collision geometry built-in, does SWBF1's munge auto-generate collision geometry for meshes like SWBF2's does?

Yes, I believe it does. I didn't have any collision problems, so I assume that the munger generated all the collisions itself.

You got outside?! That's awesome! I had to leave early because me mom was yelling at me. She usually wakes up at 4, only to see me still playing Battlefront XD

#TYBG

Quote from: Jedikiller on May 02, 2010, 08:45:42 AM
Delaying release a bit to add some easter eggs...
Any delay is worth the addition of Easter eggs ! Awesome !

I downloaded it. I tried to play it but it doesn't show up in the map list.
Any suggestions, ideas?

Downloaded what? I haven't released the map yet.

Still nothing?

Trust me that I am not complaining because I know that it takes time to mod and work out the bugs
but shouldn't this section called "Releases" be for work actually being released? As in released when
the thread is created. Just my opinion...

Still anxious and waiting!
MAY THE FUNK BE WITH YOU!

Releases is both for WIP topics and actual releases. There are so few, it doesn't really make sense to have a separate forum.

I'll have it uploaded soon. I hadn't gotten the easter eggs in, so I'm debating whether to put those in before release or just release the version without.

No worries. :)

DO a 1.1 version without the easter eggs and a version with them. Would be better for people who dont want them in the map.

---
BTW is your avatar a pic of you jk?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder