MPCGamers.com SWBF Mapping and Modding Winter Contest 09-10

Started by Jedikiller, December 18, 2009, 06:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey SWBF mappers and modders:

MPCGamers.com is proud to announce its SWBF Mapping and Modding Winter 2009-2010 Competition!

The contest will be based off of a common theme. Maps and mods will be created around this theme. The users of the site will vote on their favorite map and map/mod combination. Entries will also be judged by the staff using a rubric, which will detail what gets you credit. User vote and this will combine to determine the winners in each category.

If you submit your entry in the single category, such as Map or Mod and you win, you will receive a Steam game that costs up to ten dollars. This is the only way we have of doing prizes without collecting personal information. If you are a Mac user, then we will have to work out something comparable, although I doubt there will be many as Windows is required to mod.

If you create both a map AND a mod which integrate, then you will be in a separate category and eligible for a Steam game under 20 dollars, which opens up a lot more possibilities. Again, if you are a Mac, we will have to work something out.

The rules of the contest are as follows:

• You are not allowed to work with anybody else, unless it is for munging purposes and the munger is not participating in the contest (like me)
  • The map or mod must follow a Winter or Snow theme. Holiday themes are also acceptable. There are assets for these on Gametoast, if you need some.
  • If you make a map and a mod, then they must be integrated. Making both will put you into a separate category.
  • The map or mod must be an original creation. You are allowed to use assets from other modders, but you may not submit a map or part of a map you have already made.
  • Maps and mods must be completed by January 31st, 2010. Voting will begin after that.
  • You are not allowed to recruit support for your map or mod in the voting. If you do that, you will be disqualified from winning the prize.
  • You must have a Steam account if you are a PC to receive the prize.
  • All maps must be hosted in the MPCGamers Download Center in the specific Contest category. If the map or mod is over 64 mb, then it must be hosted on Filefront and the link must be posted in the download center.
  • You must be a member of MPCGamers.com in order to participate in the contest.

Judges are myself, Hardcore, Droideka, and .invertus.

If you are interested in participating or have any questions, please post below! We look forward to seeing your entries. :)

-Jedikiller

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

*Predicts prize will be a free Steam game*

Good luck to all the participants!

#TYBG

well duh of course you predicted it. I said it in the first post. What does that sentence even mean?

I like the way ag talks. Good idea Jedikiller. Good fortunes to everyone.

I want to wish good fortunes to all. I will be letting others that know how to make maps about this cool contest. Hope you get some friendly frosty competition Wampa.

I will bet you that BD will not win. Dont worry I am going some where with this. What is up for grabs?

whoever loses gets called a troll for a week!!!
GO BD!!  :cheer:
(oh and i meant my bet with mike, not bd vs mike.)

I will take the challenge you presented ghost. Read carefully the bet you placed, I have.

LOL! lets make a art antica and then the home of santa claus
whit all these lamps and stuff
and as mod it would be on 1 side santa claus and dwarf!
and on the other side there would be these terrorists xD
and have these presents to shoot at and when the health of those things is over they will be ammo or health...

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Yes, glad to see you will make a fun map. Any time you see me in mpcgamers.com or in swbf1 server call me to test anything.
What makes a map the most fun is friends.

Is anybody actually participating in this?

/hint

If you make it a 60 dollar Steam prize, maybe people will actually go for it. *coughagcough*

#TYBG