Health Recharge self

Started by Dark_Phantom, July 10, 2012, 08:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was interested to see if anyone knew how to make a health recharge (like on BF2 with the Bothan Spy giving health) on BF1.  I've messed around with the "powerup" weapon held by pilots, but no luck.  Maybe combining the health droid with it? I'm not quite sure.  I would look at the BF2 Tools but seeing I can't get them right now I'll have to ask here :)
Thanks!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Even though sk isn't here right now maybe this will help: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=336
Be the CIS, then be the magna guard. He has a weapon where if you use it it has a small radius of hurting people. Hope that helped! :)

Now I know that it CAN work, I just am not sure quite how to create this.  I downloaded SWBF2 Mod Tools, tried crossing them over (knowing full well that it probably would crash), and it crashed.  I don't have the source of the level so all I know is that it works just like BF2.

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Well, the most effective health encrease weapon in SWBF1, it is edited fusioncutter. But for using it, AI, must have a pilot type.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Yeah you can have the fusion cutter as a sort of healing gun by putting in the line "PersonHealth         = 1".
To limit it's abilities you could throw in ammo or over heating limitations.

I'm not quite sure I understand the effect you want, but if you want to heal somebody in a radius you could use the AddHealth = x Odf command in a weapon with a certain radius. That is if thats the effect you want

Quote from: Bamdur on July 12, 2012, 07:12:18 PM
I'm not quite sure I understand the effect you want, but if you want to heal somebody in a radius you could use the AddHealth = x Odf command in a weapon with a certain radius.
Strange, I try it, and it isn't work :confused:. Can you explain more, about this?
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

July 13, 2012, 08:09:15 AM #7 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:11:12 AM by Dark_Phantom
I was looking for a weapon with an effect radius, but the fusion cutter is nice to know too. Thanks Unit 33 and Sereja :)
Bamdur's post is more along the lines of what I wanted. Would I just input AddHealth = "5" or something like that and then add Radius into the weapon odf, or do i need to edit an _ord file to achieve this?

Edit: Also, what weapon on BF1 has a Radius command?

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on July 13, 2012, 08:09:15 AM
Edit: Also, what weapon on BF1 has a Radius command?
Lol! A thermal detonator. ;)

I'm such an idiot! LoL. When i thought of radius, i thought of primary weapons, and forgot about the thermal detonator!
::)

Since I dont have the modtools currently installed, i'm not sure what the exact odf command is but you could give it to a weapon that either has no msh or perhaps something else and create it so the radius only falls around the player adding health for a certain amount of time

There is also a health recharge bonus that you can activate, but it is for all players on the team.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet