Unofficial Star Wars: Battlefront '1.25' update - "First Order-Resistance War"

Started by Giftheck, September 26, 2019, 01:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am happy to publicly announce a new mod that will serve as an 'unofficial expansion' to Star Wars: Battlefront.

For the first time, a new third era, the FIRST ORDER-RESISTANCE WAR era will be playable on all default non era-restricted maps, and two new maps will be added to the roster: CRAIT: ABANDONED OUTPOST and STARKILLER BASE: INTERIOR.

FEATURES:
-Play as the Resistance or First Order on existing maps (Bespin, Kashyyyk, Naboo, Rhen Var, Tatooine and Yavin IV).
-Two new maps: Crait: Abandoned Outpost and Starkiller Base: Interior.
-Pilot vehicles from the Sequel Trilogy era, such as the First Order's new AT-M6 and the Resistance's T-70 X-Wing.
-Get heroic assistance from Rey as the Resistance, or call on Kylo Ren to suppress your opponents as the First Order.

I have been working on this since the start of the Summer. At first it was going to be just an 'addition', but some changes had to be made to the base files in order to get certain things to work properly (like the First Order side icon). As that's the case, I decided to perform some minor updates to the stock sides as well, mainly in the vein of model and sound changes. There may also be some slight gameplay tweaks as well.

Sadly, at present, these changes come with a caveat: addon maps won't work with this update as they are, since maps will be loading assets in a different way. However, it is easy enough to get this working with addon maps since all that would have to be done is to insert a single line into the mission LUA.

More info in the coming months.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Unit setup:

[spoiler]FIRST ORDER
Stormtrooper: Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Concussion Grenades
Assault Stormtrooper: Torpedo Launcher, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Mines
First Order Pilot: Sonic Launcher, Blaster Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Dispenser Health/Ammo
Stormtrooper Sniper: Sniper Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Recon Droid
Heavy Trooper: Heavy Blaster, Commando Pistol, Thermal Detonators

RESISTANCE
Resistance Soldier: Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Concussion Grenades
Resistance Vanguard: Torpedo Launcher, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Mines
Resistance Pilot: Burst Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Fusion Cutter, Dispenser Health/Ammo
Resistance Marksman: Sniper Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Recon Droid
Resistance Jump Trooper: Light Blaster Rifle, Blaster Pistol, Thermal Detonators, Jump Pack
[/spoiler]

Special thanks go to Teancum and Dark_Phantom for helping me out with this.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

This will be a mod long remembered in the annuals of Battlefront modding.

Can't wait!!

this is cool when will it be out ?
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Quote from: wsa30h on September 27, 2019, 06:48:17 AM
this is cool when will it be out ?

It will be after The Rise of Skywalker comes out, since I'll be doing this in my spare time when I don't have assignments to work on, but I don't have a definitive release date.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

thats cool one more question did you make the walkers yourself ?
-- bf1 tcw battles

Will this be ported over to BF 2 2005?
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Luna on September 29, 2019, 02:36:57 PM
Will this be ported over to BF 2 2005?

The answer to that is probably no, at least from my end of things. There are already some really good First Order-Resistance War mods for SWBF2 so another one wouldn't stand out at all.

Quote from: wsa30h on September 28, 2019, 07:05:00 AM
thats cool one more question did you make the walkers yourself ?

I rigged them, but I did not model them from scratch.
In Progress:

On Hold:

So, it's been a while since I worked on this. I was holding off until TROS came out to see if there was anything juicy we could get from that.

From that, and from the Visual Dictionary, I have decided to make the following changes:

-Upped new map roster from 2 to 4:
       1)Ilum: Starkiller Base (Ilum got confirmed as the planet in the TROS visual dictionary) - unique to ST era
       2)Crait: Rebel Outpost - unique to both ST and GCW eras
       3)Ajan Kloss: Resistance Base - unique to ST Era
       4)Kef Bir: Ocean Moon - unique to both ST and GCW eras
-Endor: Bunker may become a dual ST/GCW map.
-Deciding on changing the First Order special unit from the Heavy Trooper to the Sith Trooper. Would function the same, but just be a different skin.
In Progress:

On Hold:

forgive me for bumping but is this mod still being worked on ?
-- bf1 tcw battles

Please don't bump. It's been six months since I last posted about it.

To answer your question, at present it's on hiatus but I will get back to it soon. When I have something, I will share.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: jonjonshell21 on January 10, 2021, 10:45:01 AMHow and when is the mod will be release?
I believe the developer's message was clear in the previous message

Quote from: Giftheck on June 22, 2020, 10:47:09 AMPlease don't bump. It's been six months since I last posted about it.

To answer your question, at present it's on hiatus but I will get back to it soon. When I have something, I will share.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I'm deleting all threads you created. Send him a DM, instead of spamming all over the forum ;)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on January 10, 2021, 11:08:13 AMI'm deleting all threads you created. Send him a DM, instead of spamming all over the forum ;)

Actually, please don't PM me about this - my stance is the same. When I have something to share I will share. Any PM I get will be saying the same thing. Cheers  :tu:
In Progress:

On Hold: