Medal of Honor

Started by khy, December 13, 2009, 09:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's the trailer for the new MoH game.
It looks pretty fun, except the setting is pretty similar, which i dont like.
Anyways here's the trailer:
looks awesome!

http://www.spike.com/event/vga2009/page/world-premieres?video=3305002&epIndex=&viewOption=

That looks sweet. Much better than cod2.

if you have played the WW2 MoH games, you would know that they are really bad.
The COD games are much better, especially in the fact that the Original Members of Call of Duty were on the MoH team and broke off to make much higher quality and better selling games.
But this looks like what could be a moh comeback, it looks much better than their old ones.

Im relating it to cod2 though so this looks a ton better to me :P

haha yeah even though they're 50 years apart xD

Actually Khy, I find your views on MoH quite annoying. No they were not awful, they are just different compared to the first two Call of Duty's. And they were actually very good, at least the Allied Assault pack was, European and Pacific Assaults being just spin offs to be honest that were ordered by EA to keep the money moving. They are actually quite good when you look at the tech they were dealing with, and pressure from EA to make a new game each year.

Medal of Honor is fighting back!

Well, it is a modern-day game, something that ought to freshen the series (which only previously happened within WWII)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I've never been a big medal of honor fan, especially since there next-gen console releases... but this looks promising.  Maybe this is just me, but some parts of it seem nigh-identical to cod4.

Quote from: .invertus on December 13, 2009, 01:06:37 PM
Actually Khy, I find your views on MoH quite annoying. No they were not awful, they are just different compared to the first two Call of Duty's. And they were actually very good, at least the Allied Assault pack was, European and Pacific Assaults being just spin offs to be honest that were ordered by EA to keep the money moving. They are actually quite good when you look at the tech they were dealing with, and pressure from EA to make a new game each year.

Im Sorry?
I played medal of honor way before i played Call of Duty, and i never liked them, which is why i was skeptical playing call of duty 3 at my friends house. I thought they were choppy and weird controls. Sorry for voicing my opinion.

And Voldelf, yeah kinda.

December 13, 2009, 02:27:51 PM #9 Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 02:29:58 PM by zorba1994
Quote from: Ghostt on December 13, 2009, 10:03:57 AM
if you have played the WW2 MoH games, you would know that they are really bad.
The COD games are much better, especially in the fact that the Original Members of Call of Duty were on the MoH team and broke off to make much higher quality and better selling games.
But this looks like what could be a moh comeback, it looks much better than their old ones.

Excuse me? MOH was waaaaay better than COD until MW came out. The original Medal of Honor, Allied Assault, and Airborne were all great games when they came out, and Medal of Honor Heroes: 2 for the Wii has some of the best Wii-inspired controls and is one of the best Wii shooters to date. What's more, MOH has generally had better gameplay  as it incorporates cover systems, something which COD severely lacks, and I never liked the idea of being able to unlock better guns for MP, one of the main things that annoys me about the COD series. While COD is better as of today I always liked MOH more, and I am psyched to see their new entry.

As far as the trailer, it looks great, and I honestly don't get what the Gamespy guy was on when he said that MOH was always the unbeatable lone person; it never was that, except for on the few stealth missions, when that is rather realistic.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

The only MoH game I own is Vanguard for the Wii. It was horrible in so many different ways. I can't voice my opinion on the other games as I've never played them.

The new MoH game looks very promising, and perhaps more authentic than MW2. The MW series no longer has that war authenticity that made cod1 and 2 so great. Now it's just a over-the-top "super hero" game.

Just my thoughts... Criticize it all you want :D

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on December 13, 2009, 02:28:52 PM
The only MoH game I own is Vanguard for the Wii. It was horrible in so many different ways. I can't voice my opinion on the other games as I've never played them.

The new MoH game looks very promising, and perhaps more authentic than MW2. The MW series no longer has that war authenticity that made cod1 and 2 so great. Now it's just a over-the-top "super hero" game.

Just my thoughts... Criticize it all you want :D

Vanguard was bad, the rest have been good.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

I have the very first two... ah, the good ol' days with MoH and Underground on the PS1...
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: zorba1994 on December 13, 2009, 02:30:33 PM
Vanguard was bad, the rest have been good.

I find, having one game to be bad while the rest are good, hard to believe.
If you say so.

#TYBG

the medal of honor series was known best for the "Hero" soldier doing all the work, hence the title.