Mobile GPUs

Started by Jedikiller, December 12, 2009, 11:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
looks like you have some good choices jedikiller. i hope to see some pictures of your pc.

good luck jedikiller!

@ Red- sorry didn't notice that, thought it twas smiley, mah b.

k guys i know you HATE APPLE. But the new macbook does have a nice gpu and it is very light weight, great battery, and Windows compatible

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Too expensive for what you get. Remember my budget.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

You dont owe me and i dont owe is how i think about some things. With that in mind i want to help you Jedikiller. This is better than that and i want to give you ten dollars. Consider it a gift from Santa Cullaus. Only two problems. Ten dollars doesn't complete the fifty dollars needed to buy the laptop, and second is I dont know how to ask for helpers. The good thing is cool people will see the two problems I have.

Russel, you are what we call an Apple Fanboy :) When someone asks for a decent priced laptop, we don't think Macbook. They aren't decently priced.

Now that Voldelfs' choice is 1049.99 we need to look at more options for Jedikiller. Or five of us can help him get this one.

whaaat price raise? D:

Oh well. We will have to see... and I appreciate you guys offering to help. :)

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Guys, anyone willing to monetarily help?

ASUS G60-Vx Gaming Laptop

$899+tax=about $942.80depending on state taxes, at Best Buy.  Get an Un-Preserviced one.

Just got one, its real sweet.  Processor is 2.13 GHz Centrino2 dualcore, nVidia GTX 260m, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD.  Runs pretty much every game at good speed at max settings at 1366x768 max res.  Trade off in price is CPU and screen resolution.  Keyboard also has number pad.

I get 50-100+fps in CoD4, MW2, and L4D2 and Borderlands is very playable.  The 1366x768 res is still crisp enough, and its still above 720p.  The 260m is equal to a 9800GTX+ in performance and doesn't overheat like most laptops.  The main heat vent it side mounted on the left hand side, so you can have it on a bed even, and it wont get too hot.  Flat surface for longevity is still recommended.  Its great for on the go gaming or visual work.  Touch pad and lower area is rubber coated and nice, and the keys are individually spaced.

Easily worth the 950, it used be 999$ but it dropped to 899$ for the holidays so grab it now.