3 sides

Started by {ASFL}Cdr.Pain, June 01, 2010, 06:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it possible to have 3 sides in swbf 1?

Its been tried and tried, however no one has ever successfully made 3 sides that human players can join, you can make a "native" team such as the Ewok's on Endor, but there is no 3rd team thats playable by humans.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Battlefront 2 is possible.Once i played one map whit 3 sides and was amazing (rebel,empire and zan consortium).I dont know how to make this for BF1 sorry.
none

Oh i am quite sorry, this is in SWBF2, i rather thought this was SWBF1 for some reason.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Quote from: Hardcore on June 02, 2010, 10:48:05 PM
Oh i am quite sorry, this is in SWBF2, i rather thought this was SWBF1 for some reason.
Uhm it is... you are not in error
Quote from: Chaos733 on June 01, 2010, 06:54:02 PM
Is it possible to have 3 sides inswbf 1?

maybe it is easier to mod if there were 3 sides (2 playable with people and one side for bots)

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

yeah that would be a good idea

Already done. Play the Dune Sea map.

Yes,Dune sea have 3 teams but the one is local.If we talk about player can use 3 teams that is not possible.I have one map on Geonosis.But there i have 4 teams.2 where the player can use and 2 locals.

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/file/Geonosis_Lair;100503

This is link for the map.I just want to say that this is one of my first maps and is not so cool and have bugs,but some of you guys can try it. :)
none

by locals you are referring to Computer controlled units right?

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on June 06, 2010, 09:25:20 AM
by locals you are referring to Computer controlled units right?

Yeah they are.

But guys, it IS possible. However, I believe we would have to mess with the game's root files. Every map has the basics, such as cps, and units. However, every map only has two playable sides. If someone could edit swbf and make it three playable sides (which could take forever, because if you edit the core (not core.lvl) files of the game, you'd be messing up the game itself.)

What I'm trying to get at is if you do try to make a 3 playable side game, you would have to know computer programming, and swbf would be changed to a complete different game.

But that's just my thesis. What are your thoughts?
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

I remember when we join a server and all the choice is spawn as a tusken? I wonder if that is what you are talking about. What if the maker of that server has a file to not spawn as a tusken. One file per sides to equal three sides.

Well...there is only one sullosion to this problem and that is: [spoiler]Bring in Napseeker....we need to find Napseeker (kidnap him or something) and then when we finaly have him, make him do this or els he won't find his freedom[/spoiler]

So what do you think about it? good not?

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

who is napseeker?

he made alot of really good mods, and also ahd one that added a 6th and 7th class.  Some of his mods can be found in the releases section, if anyone wants to try them.