swbf map of a hotel and a mall

Started by killer, April 28, 2010, 01:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Chaos although I'd like this map to be made it requires some one elses time and effort and we have to respect that.

yea seriosly can someone just make this map it wont be that hard to make it, you jut make a hotel and a mall, its not difficult

I don't think you realize how hard it is to make maps. You say it's not difficult, and if that's true why don't you do it yourself? Truth be told, I don't either, but it isn't as easy as just dragging and dropping chairs and tables onto a surface. There aren't that many dedicated mappers around, and the ones that are prefer to do their own ideas instead of other people's.

It's a pretty good idea for a map I guess.

First off this is in the REQUEST area not the demands area.
And secondly to create this map requires tons of modeling to get all the assets made for the hotel. and on top of that it takes all the tweaking to make sure all the collisions are right. Now add all the work that a regular map takes and this becomes a huge undertaking. If all of you are in agreement like you say, why not make it yourselves? Or at least make the assets your self, cause I'm sure that if you were to come in here and show all the assets you made and then say "can someone make a hotel map with these?" I'm sure someone would make it. But you don't have any assets, so don't count on anyone making this map.

All of you guys can get together and make it the way you want it.  Surely at least one of you has acess to a pc

ok first off, if i had a pc i would make maps that people say they want, and im not joking there, cause i think it would be fun, and second i cant even make assets cause i dont know how, so if someone could be so kind as to just tell me how to make them, maybe just maybe they could get done. and seriously all you guys are like yelling at me for even requesting this, IT IS JUST A REQUEST, you guys could of just said something like, o i would make this cause i think it would be cool, but it takes a lot of work to make this so unless you make the assets i cant make it, so here is the assets website (give me the assets website).

You can look around gametoast for tutorials on how to make assets, or there may be some lying around here somewhere.  Look for any topic on this site that starts with [tut].  Those are some tutorials that may help you.

Quote from: killer on May 05, 2010, 07:34:07 PM
IT IS JUST A REQUEST

It is just a request, and if people say they can't make it then dont start begging:
Quote from: killer on May 05, 2010, 03:48:57 PM
yea seriosly can someone just make this map it wont be that hard to make it, you jut make a hotel and a mall, its not difficult
See my point?

great, i think they call that a development team.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Only thing is none of them have PCs....

That would be a modding team like the ApeX Mod Team.  ;) I think the answer to this thread is: It will not be done by anyone but yourself, 'niff said..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

ok so you guys said that i should like get some assets for you guys to make it with, but what assets should i get i would like to know cause i will get them. :apesmall: :commander: :weilix: :lordnf: :mf:

there are few assets available to SWBF, and pretty much all of them are on GT, just browse through their archive until you find something appropriate.

Old topic is old.

If you want a map of a hotel for SWBF, someone's going to have to make all the models yourself/get someone to work with you. It appears no one stepped up to it and there's no existing assets released of a fully modeled, textured, and explorable hotel.

#TYBG

did anyone check on any website for assets? can u give us links for these sites

Quote from: Chaos733 on June 05, 2010, 09:27:23 PM
did anyone check on any website for assets? can u give us links for these sites

I think the point was for you to check the websites for assets and then contact a modder.