Main Play Mod 7

Started by ggctuk, October 18, 2009, 02:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 19, 2010, 05:49:35 PM #90 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:06:23 PM by jdee-barc
 :censored: Noobish first post was too damn long!
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

:o Pretty long for your first post.  I dunno but i think ggtcuck (i think i spelled that wrong) has alot of that figured out.  I wouldnt know though, cuz im not the designer of this mod.
ggtuck, are you still working on this? this thread has been offly quiet...

In regards to the droidika I think that it's actually too weak it needs to be terrifying. Not just another unit to gun down. But it might be a good idea to slow down the rate of fire, or just make it overheat faster

Slower ROF, No overheat, more shield health, faster movement crawling, lasers actually shoot double shots like movies.

yeah, ggctuk has made it clear before that he has a fairly good idea of what he wants his mod to be, as this is the 6th version of it, I don't think he's going to make such drastic changes.
Judging by his last post, the 'Youtube update', the project is still on hold  ???

For the campaign maps, ggctuk could make them more like the ones from BFII
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: barc on May 20, 2010, 12:10:34 PM
For the campaign maps, ggctuk could make them more like the ones from BFII
He already made 2 or so of these, one being the mission 'changing  of the guard' another being 'tying up loose ends' he also made various hunt and order 66 modes

Changing Of The Guard and Tying Up loose Ends are my favorite custom maps :tu:  There also my favorite maps in bf2

(I even like ggtucks changing of the guard more than the bf2 version because of those awesome new sfx :D )

Yep, the Main Play Mod is indeed on hold for the future while I attempt to sort out various glitches. I already have units set out in the way I want (pretty much). There are such glitches as the Naboo Plains mysterious crash (I might have to make a separate addon map on top of the official map), and the DEVISS models (I want the skirts to be modelled onto the BF2 models). I would also like to see 6 units done. I cannot decompile certain shell files I need to though, then I could split the Heavy unit into the Heavy and Commander units.

My original YouTube channel was lost at the beginning of April because of Warner Bros, so don't look to the "ggctuk" channel if you do, it is now at "ggctuk2005".
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Cool.  This will give me some time to buy swbf for my
NEW PC

That just came Today  :cheer: :D :) :happy:

Quote from: Jon415 on May 25, 2010, 06:30:31 PM
Cool.  This will give me some time to buy swbf for my
NEW PC

That just came Today  :cheer: :D :) :happy:
Target has the best of pc for sw for 40 dollars.

Really?!? I got mine for $20 at target as part of the Best of PC deal.

steam has a pretty good special going for star wars.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Nikoli on June 04, 2010, 03:34:26 PM
Really?!? I got mine for $20 at target as part of the Best of PC deal.
Its like $4 on amazon.

Steam doesn't have SWBF1.

I've had to can the Naboo: Plains mod portion as it keeps crashing unexplainedly (SP_Test doesn't tell me why it crashes at all). I'm going to create a couple of Space Maps as well - "Space: Coruscant", "Space: Kashyyyk", "Space: Tatooine" and "Space: Yavin IV". There won't be any BF2 conversion maps included straight-up except for Kashyyyk: Beachhead as I'm still ironing out many of the kinks with the maps I'm converting (Jedi Temple, Kamino, and Utapau for collision fixes)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1