Weird problem

Started by Delta327, December 25, 2015, 02:45:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 25, 2015, 02:45:38 PM Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 05:22:25 PM by Delta327
My custom sounds aren't working somehow they where workinga few days ago and now I play my map today and their not. I followed Ginevs sound tutorial I don't know what's wrong with my sound files?
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

December 26, 2015, 02:39:47 AM #1 Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:53:51 AM by Ginev
Hmm i remember once i was having the same problem.It will be very very usefull if you always remember what sounds you added last to your sound lvl file.It will be better to check what sounds you added last.Probably they are the problem.Pay attention that when you editing the sound reqs,asfx files its the same like the lua files.If you add accidently something like ( , . " : the sounds won't work.Check carefully everything and mostly your last added lines of sounds.

Also when you munge your map go inside the folder and check for the "sound".lvl file inside the Sound folder.

If this wont help check and your lua files.Probably you have made some changes there that preventing the level of playing your sounds.Check the last things you touch there.Most of the time when i have such sound problems this help.Other than that i can't help you more.  :shrug:

EDIT:Ohh and one more thing.If nothing helps try deleting everything in your BUILD_PC sound folder

example from Battlefront 2:Mod_Tools\data_ABC\_BUILD\Sound\ABC

Then munge again.

And Last method:If noting really helps try this:Munge your map with no sounds.About the sounds just create new separated (empty) map and use that data folder only to munge your sound lvl file.I made the same with my Tatooine City map for Battlefront 1.If you guys check the name of the map is GTC.lvl but the sound Lvl file name is OOO.lvl simply because i used 2 different data folders to munge my stuffs.When you munge your sounds in separated map just copy the sound.lvl file and put it in your other folder where your map is located.

if you can upload all your sound config files in a ZIP here we can try to examine them. most of the time the sound munger doesnt work because of config bugs. after that i would say make sure your WAV files are the proper sample rate and other settings. sometimes a bugged WAV breaks the munger. leftover files from previous munges like ginev mentioned too. also the sound munger EXE is very buggy and sometimes has a memory leak that will glitch the RAM often requiring a restart. it doesnt seem to munge on 64bit usually either. so i would suggest moving the builder directly to c:\sound so there are no spaces or long names which the batch files hate. if all this fails for some reason creating a new sound builder and moving the files there occasionally works (under a different file path).

Well said.It was struggle for me to explain this with my crappy english  :slap:

Quote from: Ginev on December 27, 2015, 01:47:12 AM
Well said.It was struggle for me to explain this with my crappy english  :slap:

Its fine I tried double checking my files for any error I didnt have any but I added the RT-97c sound then it stopped
PROJECTS:                                 
BF1:
Sector 3-4482-F
Solar System
BF2:
Shattered Galaxy
Project 171A

Remove the last sound you added and then try munge the map and see if this time the other sounds is going to work?If not clean your sound folder and remunge.