SWBF Leaderboards 2 Official Thread

Started by Helios, August 30, 2013, 11:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 30, 2013, 11:43:07 AM Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:26:32 PM by Helios
If you want to take part in the SWBF leaderboards please sign up below either as an individual or as a team of 4. Hopefully we can get a good number of players and have some good games. The rules are below.

Rules and outline:
The swbf leaderboards tournament will be split into two sections one for individuals and one for teams of four and will start on September 13th. Server Host: [spoiler]will go here[/spoiler]
Individuals:
The first 25 people to join will be be given random numbers to order them in the scoreboard. If you want to move up in the rankings you need to challenge someone within 3 places of you(for example number 7 can challenge 6, 5 or 4). If you win you take their place and they move down one. New players have to start at the bottom and work up.

Every player is expected to accept 2 challenges a week but there is no maximum. Admins will oversee any matches where a player requests it but both players can agree to no admins before matches. If you want screenshots from the other player you can also arrange this before the match. There would be a time limit of 20 minutes per match for individuals (then first kill wins for ties). There will be no CP bleed (meaning reinforcements will only go down with kills and CPs cannot be captured. Ticket count will be 15-15.

Teams:
Teams must have 6 registered members and can change only one member a week. Time limit is 30 minutes per match. Other rules are the same as individuals except teams can only challenge within two places and there will be CP bleed. Ticket count will be 250-250.

Both:
The defender would choose the era and map from Cloud City, Mos Eisley, Citadel, Temple and there will be a poll for one other map, with the condition that 2 people cannot play the same map twice in a row. The attacker would choose the team.

Rules
1.Screenshots SHOULD be taken of all scores, If you don't its alright but the opponent must confirm the score.
2.Only crosshairs and player skins are allowed
3.No cussing/swearing
4.No wall hacking
5.Remember this just a game so be nice and play fairly with other players.
6.No challenging the same player more than 2 weeks in a row.
7.If you cannot make matches, post here saying so, that way you don't get penalized
8.No tanks
9.If an admin is requested for a match the match must start within 10 minutes of the proposed time. It will  then start regardless of how many players are present.
10.Matches are based on the position of the players before the match not the leaderboard. Example: If player 5 beats 4 he is then out of range of player 8 even if the leaderboard has not been updated yet. Its not as confusing as that sounds.
11. Challenges must be accepted within 6 days and played 2 days after that or you will be moved below the challenger.
12.Any arguments over matches must be posted the same day     

Penalties for breaking these rules will normally take the form of a place drop.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Admins:
Helios  (Head Admin)
Gdh92 (Head Admin)

Participants:
Helios
Dark_Phantom

Im looking for a modder to input radar to the stock maps, that way all has it and no one complains.

Quote from: Ten Numb on September 01, 2013, 09:54:13 AM
Minimap hack allowed?
I believe you are mistaken? What is this hack you speak of? I only know what a radar MOD is, sorry i cant understand what a minimap hack is.

I was interested but then I saw the word radar hack

September 03, 2013, 07:16:41 PM #8 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:23:53 PM by Phobos
Quote from: WusiBabyEater on September 03, 2013, 06:22:41 PM
I was interested but then I saw the word radar hack
Radar and hack are two separate words.
I'd be interested if dark jet was allowed.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 03, 2013, 07:07:49 PM
-Eh, you ruined the moment Sharpshot :P
Lol. Cping; Capturing a command post. "Capturing posts" or "Command posts."
--
And, it would seem almost everyone is banned from FC servers. (I don't know anyone that isn't, besides their members, that is.)
It would seem that you are gravely mistaken. Ever since the ICW3 started I have removed everyone from the blacklist. Only a handful of players (half a dozen or so) have managed to get re-blacklisted since then.

And our servers are PW because we feel only certain people deserve to play in our servers now, simple. And as an example, Unit 33 has never been banned even when our servers were public.

Quote from: Phobos on September 03, 2013, 07:16:41 PM
Radar and hack are two separate words.
I'd be interested if dark jet was allowed.
It would seem that you are gravely mistaken. Ever since the ICW3 started I have removed everyone from the blacklist. Only a handful of players (half a dozen or so) have managed to get re-blacklisted since then.

And our servers are PW because we feel only certain people deserve to play in our servers now, simple. And as an example, Unit 33 has never been banned even when our servers were public.
All units are allowed

September 03, 2013, 07:51:08 PM #10 Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:52:52 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Phobos on September 03, 2013, 07:16:41 PM

See I do, how wrong I was.
-
I would be amazed if someone could find a reason to ban Regent :P
==
So I don't hi-jack the topic.
I was tempted to want to join this when I saw radar was allowed.. Of course, with the school year starting, I've got lots of stuff to do before I can attend such fun things.

Whats the deal if the map has it?

Quote from: Helios on September 03, 2013, 08:08:21 PM
Whats the deal if the map has it?
I'm not really quite sure there's a way to do it through the map.  It's a side mod that players would have to download and I'm not sure of any way around that.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

September 03, 2013, 08:34:26 PM #13 Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 04:44:40 AM by Phobos
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on September 03, 2013, 08:13:02 PM
I'm not really quite sure there's a way to do it through the map.  It's a side mod that players would have to download and I'm not sure of any way around that.
No matter what method you use, forcing radar to be used or not usable for everyone in the server requires the players to download a mod.

Quote from: Black Water on March 20, 2014, 05:59:42 AM
We still ask that no one brings the radar hack
we still ask other players who respect mods (not you obviously) to recognize them as mods and not intentionally mislabel or confuse them with hacks.