Re: Who is the best pilot in the galaxy?

Started by Disciple, January 11, 2013, 08:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think we should have a starfighter tournament?

Yes,let's give it a try!
No,totally a waste of time
It looks like we have plenty of Admins, unless you think we need this many could I sign up as a player instead?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Its up to u i think.
If u wanna participate instead of admin. its k for me at least
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I would like to know if there would be some way for the pilot of the Clone and Rebel star fighters to get ammo for their rockets after a fight has ended. The Clone star fighter and Rebel x-wing have rockets to keep it level with the more powerful blasters of the CIS and Empire star fighters. I just think it would be unfair if they were out of rockets for the next fight.

Just one more idea after what sirpimped said (which I agree with); maybe players should swap teams halfway.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 14, 2013, 12:50:38 PM
Just one more idea after what sirpimped said (which I agree with); maybe players should swap teams halfway.

Along those lines, could a mod be made like the same side mod? Only it spawned the same ships for both sides?

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 14, 2013, 12:50:38 PM
maybe players should swap teams halfway.
Maybe put half tickets for a first game, and then make a second round with the apposite side u fought with
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I'd like to thank you for coming to me Disciple. This tournament is actually pretty interesting!
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Disciple on January 13, 2013, 09:14:12 AM
RULES

Each round will eliminate 1 player for each duel, 16 players = 8 matches,8 players eliminated,8 will advance.This will happen untill we have only 1 players left: The winner;
Both players will talk and post in SWBFGamers Starfighter Tournament Week 'X' about the maps they are going to fight (max of 2),the date,time,and era(s) they will pick;

EX: Match 1: Map 'X',
Player 'A' will be Emp, Player 'B' is Rebs
       Match 2: Map 'X' or Map 'Y'
Player 'A' will be Cis, Player 'B' is Clones

After this one of the admins will post saying that he will be able to watch the match;
While in the server,when both players and the admin are there,the admin may countdown and begin the duel (i would like to know if the admins are able to record the match so everyone can see it);
The winner will be the one with most kills (each map ends when one players gets 15 kills,so,the one with 30 at the end,wins) at the end of the 2 maps,if there is a tie,a 3rd map may be the best option;
At the end of both matches,the admin may post at SWBFGamers Starfighter Tournament Week 'X' the video link,and a screenshot of the final score (both matches).

MAPS: Bespin Platforms,Tatooine Dune Sea,Kashyyyk islands and any mod maps that you guys want.If any mod maps are added to the tournamet,i ask a modder to make a mappack if possible.

THE MATCH:
Forbidden things!!!:
1)Any class except the PILOT one;
2)Killing while the oponnent is taking off,or in the ground;
3)Mining the plane;
4)Turrets or any other vehicle;
5)Landing the plane at a heal-planes bot,the pilot itself will heal the plane for you if needed;
6)Cussing;
7)Spawn camping or shooting enemy before they have taken off. The victorious pilot should return to his side of the map to insure spawn camping does not happen.

Allowed things:
1)Mods will be players choice,i would like to ask anyone that uses the radar mod to don't use it,because while piloting,this can be a great advantage,but since i can't control who will use or not,i ask everyone who is gonna participate to have in mind your oppenent may be using them;
2)IMPORTANT,suicides,both players crashing and crashing into buildings,will count as a kill to your oponnent,so,watch out;
3)It's allowed and obrigatory that the players use their own names and clan tags,the admin may use their name after the word STadmin. Ex: STadmin.Disciple

AWARDS:
I would like to ask the SWBFGamers staff to make if possible a ST Winner,ST Admin and ST participant award.

If you want to edit,add,remove any rules please tell me!

Current Players (may change)
SirPimped
Ltin
Roxas
Wolf
Phobos
Epifire
Helios
Norris
Nixo

Current Admins (may change)
Elite
Zach
Vixo
Anyder
Gdh

:tu:
I think you should edit this into your OP to make things simpler.

January 14, 2013, 05:22:32 PM #54 Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:28:43 PM by Disciple
Quote from: SirPimped on January 14, 2013, 12:17:44 PM
I would like to know if there would be some way for the pilot of the Clone and Rebel star fighters to get ammo for their rockets after a fight has ended. The Clone star fighter and Rebel x-wing have rockets to keep it level with the more powerful blasters of the CIS and Empire star fighters. I just think it would be unfair if they were out of rockets for the next fight.
Led said he can host,maybe he can host with unlimited ammo if you guys wish.
Quote from: {212th} Norris on January 14, 2013, 12:57:48 PM

Along those lines, could a mod be made like the same side mod? Only it spawned the same ships for both sides?
I'd rather let diff sides,each side have their own weak and strong points.

Quote from: Immor†al Anyder on January 14, 2013, 01:01:44 PM
Maybe put half tickets for a first game, and then make a second round with the apposite side u fought with
I put that in the rules,players may decide which era and team for each round.

Quote from: Nobility on January 14, 2013, 03:23:28 PM
I'd like to thank you for coming to me Disciple. This tournament is actually pretty interesting!
No problem.
Quote from: Roxas on January 14, 2013, 04:00:03 PM
I think you should edit this into your OP to make things simpler.
Sorry,what you mean?

He means to type to copy pasta the members list and admin list to your first post on this thread. Also the rules.

Btw,you guys can start posting too if you want mod maps and which.

Quick question, will skins be allowed? I know there are skins out there that make ships more visible to your own eyesight by turning things completely to a certain color.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Nobility on January 14, 2013, 06:32:15 PM
Quick question, will skins be allowed? I know there are skins out there that make ships more visible to your own eyesight by turning things completely to a certain color.

Quote from: Disciple on January 13, 2013, 09:14:12 AM

Allowed things:
1)MODS WILL BE PLAYERS CHOICE...

;)