Re: Who is the best pilot in the galaxy?

Started by Disciple, January 11, 2013, 08:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think we should have a starfighter tournament?

Yes,let's give it a try!
No,totally a waste of time
Ill enter, but only if the time and date(s) agree with my busy life.

January 13, 2013, 09:14:12 AM #31 Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:29:18 PM by Disciple
RULES

Each round will eliminate 1 player for each duel, 16 players = 8 matches,8 players eliminated,8 will advance.This will happen untill we have only 1 players left: The winner;
Both players will talk and post in SWBFGamers Starfighter Tournament Week 'X' about the maps they are going to fight (max of 2),the date,time,and era(s) they will pick;

EX: Match 1: Map 'X',
Player 'A' will be Emp, Player 'B' is Rebs
       Match 2: Map 'X' or Map 'Y'
Player 'A' will be Cis, Player 'B' is Clones

After this one of the admins will post saying that he will be able to watch the match;
While in the server,when both players and the admin are there,the admin may countdown and begin the duel (i would like to know if the admins are able to record the match so everyone can see it);
The winner will be the one with most kills (each map ends when one players gets 15 kills,so,the one with 30 at the end,wins) at the end of the 2 maps,if there is a tie,a 3rd map may be the best option;
At the end of both matches,the admin may post at SWBFGamers Starfighter Tournament Week 'X' the video link,and a screenshot of the final score (both matches).

MAPS: Bespin Platforms,Tatooine Dune Sea,Kashyyyk islands and any mod maps that you guys want.If any mod maps are added to the tournamet,i ask a modder to make a mappack if possible.

THE MATCH:
Forbidden things!!!:
1)Any class except the PILOT one;
2)Killing while the oponnent is taking off,or in the ground;
3)Mining the plane;
4)Turrets or any other vehicle;
5)Landing the plane at a heal-planes bot,the pilot itself will heal the plane for you if needed;
6)Cussing;
7)Spawn camping or shooting enemy before they have taken off. The victorious pilot should return to his side of the map to insure spawn camping does not happen.

Allowed things:
1)Mods will be players choice,i would like to ask anyone that uses the radar mod to don't use it,because while piloting,this can be a great advantage,but since i can't control who will use or not,i ask everyone who is gonna participate to have in mind your oppenent may be using them;
2)IMPORTANT,suicides,both players crashing and crashing into buildings,will count as a kill to your oponnent,so,watch out;
3)It's allowed and obrigatory that the players use their own names and clan tags,the admin may use their name after the word STadmin. Ex: STadmin.Disciple

AWARDS:
I would like to ask the SWBFGamers staff to make if possible a ST Winner,ST Admin and ST participant award.

If you want to edit,add,remove any rules tell me                         

:tu:

I would suggest a rule on how close the players can be to each other at the start. For example after someones is killed the winner shouldn't be allowed to circle in the air so they can start behind the other person as soon as they take off. Maybe both people should land and take off together after each kill? Just my thoughts. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

January 13, 2013, 09:25:36 AM #33 Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 09:28:49 AM by Disciple
Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 13, 2013, 09:23:02 AM
I would suggest a rule on how close the players can be to each other at the start. For example after someones is killed the winner shouldn't be allowed to circle in the air so they can start behind the other person as soon as they take off. Maybe both people should land and take off together after each kill? Just my thoughts. :)
That may work,it will be admin duty to watch it,and give a warning about doing it  before someone just took off.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on January 13, 2013, 09:23:02 AM
because the fighters always have to be moving (why would you want a gunship for this?) its not as simple as waiting behind the enemy fighter. The enemy could wait untill the person flying doesnt have the advantage, and then take off

Sounds fun. Depending on when it is, I'm in. I love flying games. It is one of the genres that I excel in. I've never lost in a dogfight, but it has been a long time so I doubt I'm as good as I use to be but I'm just joining for fun :D.

I think that once a player kills an opponent, each player should be on the ground until admins says go. That way each player takes off at the same time. There could be a set place each player is supposed to start.

Example: Each player on Bespin Platforms Lands on the roof of the main cps. Once the admin says go each player may take off. Once a player gets a kill he returns to that spot. When the other player respawns he enters his plane and flies back to that spot. Then admin will say go. Lather, rinse and repeat.

Quote from: SirPimped on January 13, 2013, 02:40:31 PM
I think that once a player kills an opponent, each player should be on the ground until admins says go. That way each player takes off at the same time. There could be a set place each player is supposed to start.

Example: Each player on Bespin Platforms Lands on the roof of the main cps. Once the admin says go each player may take off. Once a player gets a kill he returns to that spot. When the other player respawns he enters his plane and flies back to that spot. Then admin will say go. Lather, rinse and repeat.
Updated.

I can be an Admin  if you need it :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: SirPimped on January 13, 2013, 02:40:31 PM

I like this idea, but would the winning ship be able to repair itself before the next go-around?

Quote from: Agent Z on January 13, 2013, 05:21:58 PM
I like this idea, but would the winning ship be able to repair itself before the next go-around?
Since he is a pilot,i guess yes.

I think I can show up for this. I now have time to get the manual server browser setup on mine before this anyway, since I was unaware of the Master Server dropping out when I was supposed to admin a while back.

Just be sure to give me dates (somebody anyway) cause I will be looking forward to this. Here's in hopes to a good match.  :cheers:
photobucket limit image removed

i can host with root, games in case server fails and its down or any problem appears (A part from admin.)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

I didnt say it earlier but i would join