Re: Who is the best pilot in the galaxy?

Started by Disciple, January 11, 2013, 08:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think we should have a starfighter tournament?

Yes,let's give it a try!
No,totally a waste of time
Interesting. There are also many mod maps which were made for dogfighting in mind, so don't dismiss those.

I'd love to try something like this out! Go for it!

I suggest using Ranen: Platforms for something like this. It's very similar to Bespin: Platforms but it's way cooler IMO.

I'll try to find a link.

January 12, 2013, 08:17:56 AM #18 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:25:22 AM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Agent Z on January 12, 2013, 08:10:08 AM
I suggest using Ranen: Platforms for something like this. It's very similar to Bespin: Platforms but it's way cooler IMO.

I'll try to find a link.
Beat ya to it!

EDIT: Here's the 3.0 version: http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/17334443/ranen_platforms_3.0.zip
EDIT (again): This map isn't MP-compatible, I will try to find the 1.0 map again...
EDIT: I found the 1.0 and 2.0 versions, test either for MP please:

v1.0: http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/13340164/plt.zip
v2.0: http://www.gamefront.com/files/files/13534445/ranen_platforms_2.0.zip

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on January 12, 2013, 08:17:56 AM
This map isn't MP-compatible, I will try to find the 1.0 map again...
I found the 1.0 and 2.0 versions, test either for MP please:
What happens when you start it in multiplayer? instant crash, a few seconds, spawn and crash?
Maybe we could fix it for multiplayer O.o

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on January 12, 2013, 08:36:57 AM
What happens when you start it in multiplayer? instant crash, a few seconds, spawn and crash?
Maybe we could fix it for multiplayer O.o

The 3.0 has the grapple gun and a dusguise kit, not sure if those are MP-compatible.

I've played Ranen with my brother countless hours through LAN. It only crashes if you or an AI use the grapple hook too much. And I wouldn't say that is the best dogfighting map. Personally I like dogfighting maps with obstacles. So like in SWBFII Space Tatooine. Or maybe for SWBFI Dune Sea, by hanging out in the tall rock formations…

EDIT: Disguise kit is. MP compatible.

maybe clan vs clan space battles?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

Quote from: «ΙΞ¢KØ» on January 12, 2013, 10:21:50 AM
maybe clan vs clan space battles?

I think a leaderboard would be more fun, in this case.

Even though Ranen is a fun map, I think we should use B:P to prevent people from having to download any maps/mods.

Quote from: Agent Z on January 12, 2013, 01:06:51 PM
I think a leaderboard would be more fun, in this case.

Even though Ranen is a fun map, I think we should use B:P to prevent people from having to download any maps/mods.
If we do a no download, then radar is going to be the next angry discussion once the tourny starts. I'm not participating in this but I think it is wise to use a mod map that either allows or prevents radar, so as not to have this or any other thread spammed with radar "discussions."

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 12, 2013, 01:26:08 PM
If we do a no download, then radar is going to be the next angry discussion once the tourny starts. I'm not participating in this but I think it is wise to use a mod map that either allows or prevents radar, so as not to have this or any other thread spammed with radar "discussions."

That would also lead to problems, though. There are some that would not use radar because they simply don't want to, even if it did even the match.

You can't really win in this issue. You just have to agree to disagree.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 12, 2013, 01:26:08 PM
You know, they can still use radar if the sides are regular that come with the map, so you might want to make sure there is a whole new side guy, that way, make sure of no radar usage.
Besides that, Radar won't matter if the ships are going the right speed, I mean, you zoom across the map pretty fast.

There is a space map called renagade squadren

If you guys want i can add mod maps,just tell me which.About the clan vs clan thing,i think this is just a test,if its a sucess then maybe,im happy with the feedback so far.

I would like to know now who wants to be a player and who wants to admin (post here). When i have enough ppl,rules,duels,maps will be posted.