Custom music files assets.

Started by Sereja, October 30, 2012, 02:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I try many times, to made custom music, by follow many tutorials, but with no any result.
It's cud be great, if somebody, who already made map, with custom music, and sound regions, upload needed for this files, for explore:
Sound folder, ModID.rgn, Mission.LUA.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

gogo12/ginev had custom music in one of his maps, maybe you can PM him on Gametoast and ask him how he did it?  :)

I am already ask him, by PM about this subject, long time ago, but he did not respond. I guess, it is just out of rules, to ask somebody, about something, by PM. Lucky for me, on SWBFGamers, exist "Requests" topics ;).
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

He has an account here--you can try to PM here (there is no rule about PM'ing someone here, unless it is just harrassment :)  ).

I think SleepKiller and Phobos also have some experience with custom sounds.

I agree that it is something we need to figure out and make a good tutorial for it.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

ggctuk added music to the Main Play Mod. He should know.

sk released an example sound fx builder
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=448

also my sound lvl builder in toolbox v4 supports streams and stream regions.

There are 2 req files u need to mod, the mus file, the stm, and the snd. So 5 files must be modified to correctly add sound (also dont forget mission lua and possibly side odf) then your wav files last with the right bit depth and sampling frequency. pm me if u need further assistance

ggctuk has made some interesting threads on this subject