Black texture/missing texture

Started by Giftheck, June 29, 2018, 02:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 29, 2018, 02:13:53 AM Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 04:40:28 AM by Gistech
I'm having a bit of an issue with a converted map.

For the most part everything looks fine but there is one texture that does not appear at all. I checked and it is 1024x1024 so the size of it shouldn't be an issue given there are plenty of other textures that are 1024x1024. It's also the only texture not displaying.

Any thoughts?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Has the targa been compressed in some way (from what I remember there's a check box for it?
Maybe try replacing the texture with one that definitely works to see what happens. Then maybe using an image editor and transplant the texture you want into that working file.

Sorry if this is obvious stuff that you tried already.

I'll give re-saving it a try and report back.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Resaving didn't fix the issue, sadly.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Once i had such problem.I simply open the obj model in Wings3D then i click on all lines on the model (selecting everything) then i am going to Hardness and clicking Hard.Then in XSI i export the usual way and some time its helping.Its probably some weird bug from the model itself not the texture that is causing the texture to be displayed like that.Still im not sure but you can try.

It's occuring on every instance of that texture, not just in the area I've screenshotted. The texture is used elsewhere on the map yet it appears black in-game wherever it is supposed to be applied.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Hmm.You are not using way too much super high rez textures right?That might cause weird bugs.

Quote from: Ginev on June 30, 2018, 10:48:25 PM
Hmm.You are not using way too much super high rez textures right?That might cause weird bugs.

It's a straight-up SWBF2-to-SWBF conversion of the Coruscant map from the SWBF3 Legacy project. I haven't altered the textures yet. I can certainly resample them to 512x512 to see if that resolves the issue.
In Progress:

On Hold: