Need Help with Virus/Virus scan related thing

Started by Breakdown, May 31, 2010, 02:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys,

So as per my mothers request, I ran a virus scan to go while I was at school. She said last time she did a scan, there were three viruses. I looked after school, and sure enough, there are three viruses.

I figured the best thing to do would be to go into my anti-virus and to the quarantine section to do something to it, but it didn't show up, and as far as I could I see, I couldn't clear it from my anti virus. So I looked at the log and found this:

[spoiler]# C:\Documents and Settings\Braeden\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\38\70001966-162092fa

* Viruses detected: Exploit.Java.Agent.f
    * Action taken: None, file was left in its original location.
    * If this archive contains files you want to keep, extract the good files from the archive using your archive utility (WinZip for example), and then delete the archive. When extracting your files, make sure real-time virus protection is turned on.

# C:\Documents and Settings\Braeden\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\41\654024a9-3c3f4c9c

* If this archive contains files you want to keep, extract the good files from the archive using your archive utility (WinZip for example), and then delete the archive. When extracting your files, make sure real-time virus protection is turned on.

# C:\Documents and Settings\Braeden\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\47\4934abef-5f624e99

* If this archive contains files you want to keep, extract the good files from the archive using your archive utility (WinZip for example), and then delete the archive. When extracting your files, make sure real-time virus protection is turned on.[/spoiler]

What should I do? I want to go in and just manually delete it, but I dunno if that would be effective, please help me.

Thank you very much in advance!

-Breakdown

Also make sure you have the most recent version of Java since it looks like a Java exploit. If you're really paranoid, get Firefox + Adblock Plus + Noscript.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Alright, thanks a lot for the help guys!

I did what Red said and manually deleted it, ran a quick virus scan of the Java folder, and it said there were no viruses found, so I'll just think that means they're gone :P

Thanks a ton
BD

Quote from: Jedikiller on May 31, 2010, 08:27:48 PM
Also make sure you have the most recent version of Java since it looks like a Java exploit. If you're really paranoid, get Firefox + Adblock Plus + Noscript.
Thank you jedikiller. I plan to get those.

Quote from: Breakdown on May 31, 2010, 08:33:17 PM
ran a quick virus scan of the Java folder, and it said there were no viruses found, so I'll just think that means they're gone :P

I think by java exploit they mean that the virus got on your computer through Java. Doesnt mean it was necessarily in the java program

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on June 01, 2010, 01:17:02 PM
I think by java exploit they mean that the virus got on your computer through Java. Doesnt mean it was necessarily in the java program

But it said the location of the viruses were in the Java folder

Hey guys, I have an ARP Cache Poison. Is that bad? I never run scans, but apparently it's been in my system for months. How can I get rid of it?

Quote from: Breakdown on June 01, 2010, 02:37:53 PM
But it said the location of the viruses were in the Java folder

ohhhhh darn. there was a spoiler...

Quote from: Blade on June 01, 2010, 02:50:39 PM
Hey guys, I have an ARP Cache Poison. Is that bad? I never run scans, but apparently it's been in my system for months. How can I get rid of it?
It basically allows someone to intercept all your internet traffic on your local network. I'm not sure how to get rid of it.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Quote from: Blade on June 01, 2010, 04:41:51 PM

i googled how to fix the issue and Norton has a topic on this ARP issue and they said it wasnt a big issue. Not sure if it is the same situation as yours tho.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-for-Mac/ARP-Cache-Poison/td-p/63086

so does the topic above apply to his situation?