The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oh.... My...... Gosh... That is the BEST IDEA IN THE HISTORY OF EVER!!!!!!! 
Crazy people do not know they are crazy. I know that I am crazy, therefore I'm not crazy!! Isn't that crazy?!?

Man alive, can we actually do that?!? That would be insanely ridiculous! :o
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I can now live out my Vanoss-induced insanity in Battlefront.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Jabba's sail barge over the sarlaac and naboo theed palace
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

July 09, 2015, 03:48:42 AM #141 Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 03:56:22 AM by KommissarReb
How about a Jabba's Palace map with an outside area? Here's my idea;

Bases

Place a desert outside with a cliff on one side of the map, and mountains on the other. Give the Rebels a little base with no command posts, but destructible CP's such as a Faamba for the shield generator, the Hoth shield generator to power the Faamba, and maybe a Techno Union Transport/Assembly Area as another "building" (Empire at War)

Do the same thing for the Empire, except let them have the Techno Union ship.

The local team will be called "Hutt Cartel" and they get 2 command posts in Jabba's Palace (or they don't start with them, but could capture them) They also get 1 or 2 command posts outside, where they get 3 desert Skiffs to work with. Oh, and make Jabba's Sail barge one of their CP's.

Factions

Rebels

Units: Stock Units

Hero: Luke Skywalker

Unit Count: 16

Empire

Units:

Stormtrooper Replacement: Sandtrooper (same weapons, but make the blaster rifle look like the rebel/Tusken sniper rifle like in EAW)

Rename Shock Trooper to Rocket Trooper

Replace Dark Trooper with Imperial Navy Trooper or Imperial Navy Officer

Also, make the pistols the Imps use the droid blaster pistol like in the trilogy (with the exception of the Scout trooper of course)

Hero: Darth Vader

Unit Count: 16

Hutt Cartel

Units:

Gamorrean Guard

Weequay: Tusken Raider reskin with Naboo Royal Guard weapons

Hero: Boba Fett (make another local team with only 1 unit? Not sure how it works)

Unit Count: 20

Vehicles

Rebels: 2 Speeders, 2 STAPS, 2 Snowspeeders, and 2 Y-Wings

Empire: 2 AT-STs, 2 Speederbikes, 2 TIE-Fighters, and 2 TIE-Bombers

Hutt Cartel: 3 Desert Skiffs

If you want I could sketch a map of what it could look like. I am posting this to put this idea out there if I am unable to get BFbuilderPro to work.
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

Quote from: Gold Man on December 21, 2012, 07:27:57 PM
Alright, here's an idea, that I've got boiling. Tron: Legacy themed map/skins! Think about it, CC reskinned as a city from Tron: Legacy. Even the program suits would be awesome! Like CLU's Army vs the ISOs or something. :D

Yes, I've resurrected this idea. Why you might ask? Because I remember a while back hearing about a PC game called Tron 2.0. It was basically the only Tron game to ever witness a first-person mode, and it was made in '03.

My theory here is, what if you somehow ripped the models and assets from the game (because I think there was a small community behind it with mods), and used those for the project? Unless a reskin for CC would be easier done by hand than in essence remaking CC with models from a very old game. :P

May I request another mp map from RC, more preferably Engine, Ghostship, or one of those Kashyyyk  levels.
These maps give me great memories of the times I played online before Gamespy shutdown.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

As anyone tried or successfully created a King of the Hill game for SWBF? I think it would be pretty cool and I would love to try it, all I'm thinking about is a simple map with a hill in the middle, a timer keeping track of how long each player is standing on the hill, a modded scoreboard to replace CP captures with King Time, Each game is set to 1 class only, random spawnpoints scattered around the hill...

It sounds like a lot, and it probably is a lot, but I personally think it would be a really fun mode to play.

Just an idea ;)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: chameleon on August 17, 2015, 05:50:29 PM
As anyone tried or successfully created a King of the Hill game for SWBF? I think it would be pretty cool and I would love to try it, all I'm thinking about is a simple map with a hill in the middle, a timer keeping track of how long each player is standing on the hill, a modded scoreboard to replace CP captures with King Time, Each game is set to 1 class only, random spawnpoints scattered around the hill...

It sounds like a lot, and it probably is a lot, but I personally think it would be a really fun mode to play.

Just an idea ;)

Sleepkiller made a mod called "King of the Hill"  I have not played it though.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: chameleon on August 17, 2015, 05:50:29 PM

Just an idea ;)

I would definitely play a map like that, would be fun for combining no cp and cp play. Though I think having reinforcement drain for the team who doesn't have center would be enough rather than a count down, also idk how I would feel about random spawn points, i think it would be better if teams had to work together.

Quote from: {Alpha} Kiwi on August 17, 2015, 06:28:32 PM
I would definitely play a map like that, would be fun for combining no cp and cp play. Though I think having reinforcement drain for the team who doesn't have center would be enough rather than a count down, also idk how I would feel about random spawn points, i think it would be better if teams had to work together.

That does bring up a point. I had thought of King of the Hill running in a more Free-For-All style game, which is why I said random spawn points. I do suppose that KotH could run team-based as well, but IMO that probably means that some more complex maps should be made so it's really more of a team effort.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I added another map idea to my list here if anyone's interested. http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=9407.msg98184#msg98184
In the Soviet Army, it takes more courage to retreat than advance.

Hi I was wondering if anyone can create a replica of the battle of kamino from the clone wars TV series, complete with aqua droids and trident ships. that would be so cool as I really love the series.