What happens here...

Started by Kit Fisto, November 02, 2013, 09:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
In this video I watched recently something very strange happens and I was wondering if any of you could explain what happens...

http://youtu.be/HQ2v4sjL5Y4

4:00-4:28

Does anyone know what the heck happend?! :rofl:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on November 02, 2013, 09:28:41 PM
In this video I watched recently something very strange happens and I was wondering if any of you could explain what happens...

http://youtu.be/HQ2v4sjL5Y4

4:00-4:28

Does anyone know what the heck happend?! :rofl:

I'm as shocked as you, Kit. My guess is the AAT bumped into something that caused it to fly. Other than that, I dunno. :P

Probably just some random anomaly that happens with SWBF's physics jam up (too many collisions at once? Its seemingly happened to me with speeder bikes to me..)

I also think the physics in tanks behave somewhat like a gyro (though I have no proof of this), and if you've ever been on a Segway when you hit the curb hard, it goes completely nuts..! (Segways use a series of gyros)

It looked to me like the back end of the tank went a little too low, in conjunction with him going forward and up a slope. You can do some neat stuff with flyers as well, I once got a Jedi star fighter to flip uncontrollably until it hit the height limit and just blew up..

That may happens, if one vehicle, spawn inside another one. Perhaps it was Kaadu.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Yes.. Perhaps it really just slipped on Jar Jar's banana peal? I hear Gungans throw their trash everywhere..

V-TEC kicked in! I didn't know Honda made tanks though...  ???

Quote from: Sereja on November 03, 2013, 01:55:57 AM
That may happens, if one vehicle, spawn inside another one. Perhaps it was Kaadu.
I bet that's what happened, but I have never seen in happen before.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on November 03, 2013, 08:43:11 PM
Yes.. Perhaps it really just slipped on Jar Jar's banana peal? I hear Gungans throw their trash everywhere..
:rofl:

Nice find Kit, thanks for sharing. :)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Roxas on November 04, 2013, 10:16:08 AM
Halo Reach physics.
Makes sense, in that game that a pistol can hold up 5 buildings on it in mid-air, if that could happen, that video could probably happen in BF without mods
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Does swbf calculate the force of explosions? i.e, if two grenades go off near an empty take at about the same time, will the tank travel a little farther than just one grenade?

Quote from: Ltin on November 04, 2013, 04:03:00 PM
Does swbf calculate the force of explosions? i.e, if two grenades go off near an empty take at about the same time, will the tank travel a little farther than just one grenade?
if u mean stacking push then i dont think it will for the same type of explosion like 2 thermals using the same odfs. but it will stack something like a jetpack push combined with thermal explosion push for example.

Phobos is correct. If you rack down 5 grenades at once, it will have only the same affect as 1 grenade.
As well as the jetpack thing, (which can be fun with Dark Jet and grenades)I think this is due to different types of force working together, but in the case of the same force class, it can only emit one per subject at once. (Meaning that whatever grenade went first, gets to push you, and the rest have no impact on the already flying object).