Hardest way to airkill?

Started by Helios, January 02, 2013, 06:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't think the landmine considers unit models 'collidable' but it does vehicle msh.

Quote from: SirPimped on January 04, 2013, 09:40:59 AM
Prove it. To my knowledge, unless a mine is set to a surface it will not explode.
I can't exactly prove it sorry. Of course, I may be thinking of 1.0. All I remember is this one really fun time with some other AaTc members on Jabba's Palace, and only having one CP left.

We only had one CP, all of the enemy were trying to cram in (the CP with the droid being tortured) and I ran out with a Rebel Vanguard and threw a mine, trying to break through them. Well, it hit someone and started a chain reaction of mine explosions because they set them off and it killed me too because TK was on. In short, I suicide bombed the whole enemy team.

Quote from: Roxas on January 04, 2013, 01:53:36 PM
I can't exactly prove it sorry. Of course, I may be thinking of 1.0. All I remember is this one really fun time with some other AaTc members on Jabba's Palace, and only having one CP left.

We only had one CP, all of the enemy were trying to cram in (the CP with the droid being tortured) and I ran out with a Rebel Vanguard and threw a mine, trying to break through them. Well, it hit someone and started a chain reaction of mine explosions because they set them off and it killed me too because TK was on. In short, I suicide bombed the whole enemy team.

Well I can only assume that it stuck to the roof, a wall, or the ground. Trust me I've tried many different ways to air kill with many different units, to try and film them for videos. Mines are not one of them.

Quote from: SirPimped on January 04, 2013, 02:59:28 PM
Well I can only assume that it stuck to the roof, a wall, or the ground. Trust me I've tried many different ways to air kill with many different units, to try and film them for videos. Mines are not one of them.
Too bad I didn't record it. My computer at the time lagged like crazy if I tried to record gameplay. I wonder if my current one can do it? I'm surprised that it is supposed to be difficult. I'm not the best with the Rocket Class either. I guess it was luck I suppose.

I'll record a video sometime soon and show you why it is not possible without it setting. I'll get back to you ;)

January 04, 2013, 03:55:50 PM #35 Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:58:41 PM by Agent Z
I have actually killed someone (and myself...) by throwing a mine at someone when they threw a mine at me. If done with the right timing, they (the opposing mines) will hit each other in the air and cause twice the explosion. It's awesome.

Thats only happened to me once and by a complete fluke :P

Sir Pimped is right, mines will only go off when they are on floors,walls etc. if you stand on top of an enemy and lay a mine on there head it won't go off.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: {212th} ~Norris~ on January 04, 2013, 06:32:10 PM
Sir Pimped is right, mines will only go off when they are on floors,walls etc. if you stand on top of an enemy and lay a mine on there head it won't go off.
Okay that has just got to be wrong because I have done that for the lols before and it worked.

Quote from: Roxas on January 04, 2013, 07:23:33 PM
Okay that has just got to be wrong because I have done that for the lols before and it worked.
It works once the mine slowly moves towards the ground. Once it hits the ground it goes off instantly.

Here is proof that a mine does not explode until set. In this video, the mine is on the enemy and sliding down, but not detonated. It only detonates once set. If mines exploded on impact, it would have exploded right away.

http://www.xfire.com/video/5d6211/

Well I think that the hardest way to airkill anyone is without any weapons and without touching the person at all :D Do I win a prize? Or are any of you guys psychic? You can kill someone with your mind? Lol Intresting stuff. :cheer:

The hardest airkill would be inflicting enough damage with several other players or AI to kill a Jedi while it is airborne. One million health which replenishes every second would require 2084 sniper headshots, or 3125 direct rocket launcher hits within one second to kill it.

Quote from: Phobos on January 07, 2013, 07:47:46 PM
The hardest airkill would be inflicting enough damage with several other players or AI to kill a Jedi while it is airborne. One million health which replenishes every second would require 2084 sniper headshots, or 3125 direct rocket launcher hits within one second to kill it.
Or one lightsaber. Well a mod like Order 66 Ziost.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

melee does 1000 damage so 1000 lightsaber swipes at once would also get the kill