Lagger

Started by Black Water, March 02, 2013, 06:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is it possible for someone who lags shots and is a so called "lagger" to bring lag to the server and make it bad? I've recently been banned from a server for that, then the person said he will ask Deagle to ban me too, but I enjoy Deagle's servers. So is it possible? This person says it is and that I'm a danger to servers...

Quote from: Erudite on March 02, 2013, 06:39:03 PM
Is it possible for someone who lags shots and is a so called "lagger" to bring lag to the server and make it bad? I've recently been banned from a server for that, then the person said he will ask Deagle to ban me too, but I enjoy Deagle's servers. So is it possible? This person says it is and that I'm a danger to servers...

People say that.  But I don't believe it is true.  They just get annoyed when their shots don't register.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Ah, yeah it gets annoying when the same person says lagger like 15 times...what do they want me to do move...? :I

Quote from: Buckler on March 02, 2013, 06:42:21 PM
People say that.  But I don't believe it is true.  They just get annoyed when their shots don't register.

The natural next question is, what causes shots to not register?

Is it the connection between shooter and server (which would explain why, occasionally, an AI will not register a shot)?
Does it have something to do with the connection of the player being shot?
Does it have something to do with frames per second?
Or is it a problem caused by the .exe?
Or is it combination?  Other things?

Quote from: BlackScorpion on March 02, 2013, 07:29:45 PM

Is it the connection between shooter and server (which would explain why, occasionally, an AI will not register a shot)?
thats the issue wiith these kinds of things. You can never truly know why

There's like 2000 trees around my house. That could be why.

Quote from: BlackScorpion on March 02, 2013, 07:29:45 PM

All of the above.   And there is something else called "ticks per second" which is the server synchronizing with the players.  PLA servers are set at 30 ticks per second, but I have played around with as much as 60 tps.  Framerate can be controlled by the players, but ticks isset by the host.

Just for fun, try SWBF in single player again some day.   You might be amazed how nice it is.

Here's a fun theory. (Okay maybe not really but a theory none the less.)

We have two players A and B. A is running towards B. B fires at A but just before B fired A had already began moving away from where B  had shot at. The shot on B's screen displays as having hit but the server does not register the hit since A had already moved away from where B had shot.

Just a fun little theory for you to think over.

Ah, so I'm a great dodger? lol :D

Or the other guy is a terrible aimer.. (Not really, the screen is "playing tricks" on him)

I thought the days of "getting rid of laggers" in BF1 was over. Still happens in other games, sadly.  Most people have no control over this.
I play on dialup internet and always have (with a couple exceptions).  Though my ping would get up in the 300-400 range back in 2006 when I started playing, I would still play fairly well.  Some people complained a little that lag got worse when I joined (a valid complaint), but would really complain when I got kills, and then proceed to boot me. 
The last couple years this has rarely been a problem though as far as I knew.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 02, 2013, 07:43:15 PM
Here's a fun theory. (Okay maybe not really but a theory none the less.)

We have two players A and B. A is running towards B. B fires at A but just before B fired A had already began moving away from where B  had shot at. The shot on B's screen displays as having hit but the server does not register the hit since A had already moved away from where B had shot.

Just a fun little theory for you to think over.
I thouht that is how SWBFI online always worked. The better the ping, the less this happens.  :shrug:

March 03, 2013, 01:37:07 AM #12 Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:41:11 AM by {U.E.F}Anyder
I found in a forum that its possible bcuz of the upload inet speed.
Idk if I saved it as favourites on the bookmarks, but ill check it.
Also my servers have 32 fps
U were called lagger MANY times in FC servers (maybe u wanna say u dont lag ?) so maybe u think u lag less on euro servers ?
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: {U.E.F}Anyder on March 03, 2013, 01:37:07 AM
I found in a forum that its possible bcuz of the upload inet speed.

The truth is that no SWBF game has ever crashed because someone has a high ping.

Im not talking about crashing, im talking about extreme laggers
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com