Locals not spawning?

Started by Dark_Phantom, February 14, 2013, 05:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm having an issue with my level... it's very odd.
    ReadDataFile("SIDE\\wok.lvl",
        "wok_inf_basic");

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(3, "locals")
    SetTeamIcon(3, "all_icon")
    AddUnitClass(3, "wok_inf_warrior", 3)
    AddUnitClass(3, "wok_inf_mechanic", 5)
    AddUnitClass(3, "wok_inf_rocketeer", 3)
    SetUnitCount(3, 11)
    SetTeamAsEnemy(3,ATT)
    SetTeamAsFriend(3,DEF)

This is just a small excerpt from my whole script.  When I spawn as a Friend, no Wookiees spawn.  When I spawn as the Enemy, 3 Wookiees spawn every time.  :dry:
Does the amount of reinforcements on the ally team have an impact on whether locals spawn?  Friendly has 1 reinforcement point in the match.  Its the only thing I can think of for this problem.  I'm going to see what happens when I remove the SetTeamAsFriend and create separate cps for them.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

February 14, 2013, 05:12:34 PM #1 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:14:31 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Dark_Phantom on February 14, 2013, 05:05:37 PM
I'm having an issue with my level... it's very odd.
    ReadDataFile("SIDE\\wok.lvl",
        "wok_inf_basic");

--  Local Stats
    SetTeamName(3, "locals")
    SetTeamIcon(3, "all_icon")
    AddUnitClass(3, "wok_inf_warrior", 3)
    AddUnitClass(3, "wok_inf_mechanic", 5)
    AddUnitClass(3, "wok_inf_rocketeer", 3)
    SetUnitCount(3, 11)
    SetTeamAsEnemy(3,ATT)
    SetTeamAsFriend(3,DEF)

This is just a small excerpt from my whole script.  When I spawn as a Friend, no Wookiees spawn.  When I spawn as the Enemy, 3 Wookiees spawn every time.  :dry:
Does the amount of reinforcements on the ally team have an impact on whether locals spawn?  Friendly has 1 reinforcement point in the match.  Its the only thing I can think of for this problem.  I'm going to see what happens when I remove the SetTeamAsFriend and create separate cps for them.
The number of reinforcements on a team allied with locals will limit the amount of locals spawned. If you have only 1 reinforcement on the friendly team spawn then only 1 local is going to spawn at once. If the locals are not allied then their max deployed reinforcements are not limited by the other team's. I ran into this problem with one of my maps and basically just added a few dummy AI to the other team so that 7 would spawn on each side.

So to get 11 wookiees spawning at once you will have to either make the allied team have at least 11 AI spawned at once OR remove the SetTeamAsFriend for the locals.

February 14, 2013, 05:17:08 PM #2 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:19:54 PM by Dark_Phantom
When you remove SetTeamAsFriend they try to gun you down.  :o
I guess if you aren't a friend you are an enemy. 
Edit: I found something:  Maybe SetTeamAsNeutral ?

'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on February 14, 2013, 05:17:08 PM
When you remove SetTeamAsFriend they try to gun you down.  :o
I guess if you aren't a friend you are an enemy. 
Edit: I found something:  Maybe SetTeamAsNeutral ?
Haven't tested that let me know if it works

February 14, 2013, 05:29:01 PM #4 Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 05:39:58 PM by Dark_Phantom
They make your reticule turn red still, but they don't shoot you, therefore bypassing the need for dummy AI.  So it works :)
Edit: you get credit for killing the neutral team LoL

That sounds like a fun line to toy around with :D

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on February 14, 2013, 05:29:01 PM
They make your reticule turn red still, but they don't shoot you, therefore bypassing the need for dummy AI.  So it works :)
Edit: you get credit for killing the neutral team LoL
Nice find I'll be sure to use it for another map. The dummy AI are actually designed as semi-powerful 'goons' to complement the main enemy so I won't be removing them from that particular map.

Actually them not shooting you wouldn't work for my particular set up.  :confused:

Setting locals, as Neutral, make them still friendly, but much more selfish. They will not attak your team, but may capture your CP's.
Actualy, if everything done correct, reticule, targeted on them, shold stay blue.
But you surely miss some "relationship lines" lines.
SetTeamAsEnemy(3,ATT) -- mean locals think: "attakers are enemy".
SetTeamAsFriend(3,DEF) --  mean locals think: "defenders are friends".
Next, you should add:
SetTeamAsEnemy(ATT,3) -- mean attakers think: "locals are enemy".
SetTeamAsFriend(DEF,3) --  mean defenders think: "locals are friends".
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

What happens if you use all 3 options on the same local?

Like making them neutral, friends, and enemys for one specific team?
Would that crash the ExE file?

I never try, it, but most likely, game just will skip all duplicate lines, and choose only one of them. The game, reads Mission.LUA, as a scroll, so, it always choose, any first line abowe... Still, crash possibility, as usual = 50%.

April 23, 2014, 01:03:00 PM #10 Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 01:07:04 PM by Phobos
Quote from: Sereja on February 14, 2013, 06:05:17 PM
Setting locals, as Neutral, make them still friendly, but much more selfish. They will not attak your team, but may capture your CP's.
Actualy, if everything done correct, reticule, targeted on them, shold stay blue.
But you surely miss some "relationship lines" lines.
SetTeamAsEnemy(3,ATT) -- mean locals think: "attakers are enemy".
SetTeamAsFriend(3,DEF) --  mean locals think: "defenders are friends".
Next, you should add:
SetTeamAsEnemy(ATT,3) -- mean attakers think: "locals are enemy".
SetTeamAsFriend(DEF,3) --  mean defenders think: "locals are friends".
Is there a way to make it so when you use these lines
SetTeamAsNeutral(DEF,3)
SetTeamAsNeutral(3,DEF)

defenders and locals will not attack each other's team, and also NOT take their command posts? They should only take posts from ATT.

Using this ODF code disables CPs but only globally for each unit, not based on the LUA diplomacy.
CapturePosts            = 0

I guess, if DEF or ATK, will be Neutral, they will be unharmed by opposite team, start spawn at enemy CP, capture them, and cause fast game end.
If this line: CapturePosts   = 0 , sets for Neutral unit, he may loose his ability, but not his will. After such unit will find the CP, he will start to standing there, and do not move to anywhere else, causing "meditation club".