Ranen: Platforms (4.0)

Started by Ty294, August 19, 2021, 03:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ranen: Platforms (4.0)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1596

So I had mistakenly thought the 2.0 version of this map which is available here and on Gamefront was the latest version of this map, but when I downloaded it to check, I found it was not. Whether I had uploaded the 3.0 or not, I can't say, but if I did, then it was clearly lost in the Filefront shutdown. Truth be told, I may never have uploaded it in the first place! I can't remember.

In any case, I have uploaded the 3.0, which was the last version of this map I had done before hiatus, in a separate download. After finding the source files for it though, I decided I wanted to just make "a few tweaks" to fix some of the issues with the only one and make the textures and skins a bit better quality and more consistent. And so my few tweaks turned into weeks of near constant modding, which resulted in this, the 4.0 of Ranen: Platforms.

Even if it doesn't seem like the map is all that different, I had to do quite a bit. I realigned the map components from scratch, replaced the Kamino textures so the Kamino props and Bespins props would be so distinctively different from one-another, reskinned the factions, reworked the weapons, and did a host of other small things. The things I'm most proud of are the new Imperial X-Wing (see below) and the reskinned BF1 Rebel fleet trooper. Sure, it would have been easier to use the BF2 Tantive trooper model, but I just wanted to use the BF1 version instead. Also reworked the Flak launcher, and added a weapon that I believe had only been used in my test maps, but never made it to an official release: The Wave Pulser. It's basically Force Push in a gun. :tu:

Lemme know whatcha all think.

Screenshots:

Readme:

Extract folder RanPlt to your Star Wars BattlefrontGameDataAddOn folder.

Version 4.0
-Redesigned map layout with symmetrical precision
-Reskinned entire Gamme Force side, reworked existing weapons and added new ones
-Restored Rebels mostly to stock weapons, but with new skins
-Sniper rifles are spec'd to Battlefront 2 stats instead of Battlefront 1
-Added new sounds
-Added new sky and atmospheric effects
-Added revised Instant Action menu video
-Added revised minimap

Credits
-God          because in the end, all things are his assets
-Pysch0fred for the Bothan Spy
-Vyse for the custom sound tutorial
-Gistech/giftheck for the PS2 SE-14 model
-tirpider      for fixed Imperial ATAT Commander, MSH Editing Tool, Urban Marksman
-Taiyvx for the flak projectile
-Anyone I missed if you find something of yours in here, please let me know and I will update the credits!

Note: You can run Ranen: Platforms 3.0 at the same time as 4.0, because they have separate directories.

this is a great map should be put into bf2 i can do that if you want also when i get back to xbox bf1 this would be a nice map to have.
mods and maps in progress:<br />--Bf1 expanded edition 3.0 version
-- bf1 tcw battles
-- bf1 seasons mod season 1
-- bf2 expanded edition tbh

Very nice. I would also like to see something like this in BF2!! The Textures on the x-wing and the storm troopers look very nice!
KadeEclipse

Quote from: wsa30h on August 20, 2021, 02:25:55 AMthis is a great map should be put into bf2 i can do that if you want also when i get back to xbox bf1 this would be a nice map to have.

My next project will be for BF2, so I'll look into converting this map myself since I'm gonna be doing a BF2 thing anyway. Thanks for the offer, in any case.

very well i look forward to seeing it in bf2. also will you convert your geonosis map too ?
-- bf1 tcw battles

Quote from: wsa30h on August 20, 2021, 02:46:30 PMvery well i look forward to seeing it in bf2. also will you convert your geonosis map too ?

No, I think I'm gonna leave that one as BF1 exclusive. Gotta give people some incentive to play the better game. ;)

I have this map partially converted to BF2, but BF2 has a lot of different stuff that I'm not used to, so it's slower going now, especially since I have to rework the sides to function correctly. It will happen eventually though... once I figure out why the vehicles spawn twenty feet in the air above their spawn points! :rant:

Quote from: Kade on August 20, 2021, 09:12:45 AMVery nice. I would also like to see something like this in BF2!! The Textures on the x-wing and the storm troopers look very nice!
Quote from: Clifford_ouk on August 21, 2021, 05:48:47 AMGreat map!

Thank you guys!

i do not know why bf2 sometimes does that but i do have a new mod coming called bf1 seasons mod. then after that i want to make a bf2 expanded edition.
-- bf1 tcw battles

Quote from: Ty294 on August 23, 2021, 03:51:34 PMNo, I think I'm gonna leave that one as BF1 exclusive. Gotta give people some incentive to play the better game. ;)

I have this map partially converted to BF2, but BF2 has a lot of different stuff that I'm not used to, so it's slower going now, especially since I have to rework the sides to function correctly. It will happen eventually though... once I figure out why the vehicles spawn twenty feet in the air above their spawn points! :rant:

Thank you guys!

You have to make sure the spawner is not in the floor. Also make sure you max and Min flyer heights are in taller and lower than the spawner
KadeEclipse

Quote from: Kade on August 25, 2021, 06:11:36 PMYou have to make sure the spawner is not in the floor. Also make sure you max and Min flyer heights are in taller and lower than the spawner

Thanks for the response, though I just figured out yesterday that it was my minflyheight, which apparently functions differently between BF1 and BF2. In BF1 it just ensures that once the flyers take off they won't go below a certain point, in BF2 I guess it literally makes it so the flyers cannot exist below that level. Kinda dumb that they changed that, in my opinion, but I guess it's all part of the learning experience in figuring out BF2 I guess. lol

Quote from: Ty294 on August 26, 2021, 05:24:57 AMThanks for the response, though I just figured out yesterday that it was my minflyheight, which apparently functions differently between BF1 and BF2. In BF1 it just ensures that once the flyers take off they won't go below a certain point, in BF2 I guess it literally makes it so the flyers cannot exist below that level. Kinda dumb that they changed that, in my opinion, but I guess it's all part of the learning experience in figuring out BF2 I guess. lol

no problem! if you need anymore help with BF2 be sure to let me know. To reach me quicker try steam and discord. although i check this site most evenings around this time or if im not working all day :)
KadeEclipse

Woah, I remember playing this map about 10 years ago! :o It's awesome to see it updated after all these years. The new additions and tweaks look really good and make the map look much more polished. Great job!  :tu:

:tu:  Love the dark trooper color scheme for the empire. Its very coherant!
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant