SWBF2 PC Core.lvl Tool

Started by Dark_Phantom, March 23, 2021, 06:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 23, 2021, 06:39:02 AM Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 10:16:06 AM by Dark_Phantom
SWBF2 PC Core.lvl Tool

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1586

Stock core PC builder by Dark_Phantom

This folder can rebuild the stock PC core.lvl by just going into _BUILD and hitting "pc_mungecore.bat" - this will use the /common flag (which contains the core.lvl munge) and rebuild the core.lvl, which can then be located in _LVL_PC.

editlocalize.bat will edit the main localization keys for the game.
editlocalize-pc-override.bat will edit the pc specific localization keys

I have put Teancum's localize folder in Common\Localize\TEANCUM-LOCALIZE  --> it has a lot of extra weight but it may be better for your use case, considering the files in here are pre-patch/DLC.  Just replace the files in the main folder and the PC folder with his. --Note by Phantom:  I left this in here from the Xbox builder because you may find use from it, but there may be some stark differences.

Doesn't seem like there's any errors generated
I've stripped it down to only what is needed or if I wasn't sure something wouldn't break the munger, there were a bunch of extra files that didn't relate to the core.lvl.

I would ask that you inform me if you want me to make changes to this for the purposes of the stock game (like you go and do the fonts before I do).  I will not update or support this past the stock game.

Credits:
Pandemic - for BF2 and the Mod Tools and files/documentation needed
psych0fred - supplying me with some files to make this work correctly
Teancum - For his localize files and original work on Xbox mod
Dark_Phantom - compiling this tool

Update: Fixed fonts, fixed perpixeldiffuselighting_shader that would cause a crash on certain maps.  Base localization still needs work, tool tips are kinda broken, but everything else seems ok.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.