Language

Started by khy, December 29, 2009, 08:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok so I just bought FIFA 09 here in Germany for like ten bucks.
I've always wanted a FIFA game so  I thouht, why the hell not?
Buuuuuuuuuuuut, it's in German. >.<
is there a way to change the language in game?

Yes. It's called 'buy it in the United States'. :P

Most games only come with one language. I doubt that this would be an exception. I would just return it if possible and grab something else. Or learn German. Either way works.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

dang, that sucks :(
I guess ill just have a dictionary on me whenever i play it lol.
I just hope that the commentary isn't in german too. >.<

But there isn't any way i could hack it and change the language?
I guess this should be in tech support...

I'd say your out of luck, commentary will surely be in German aswell, wouldn't make since to have German text and not German voiceovers, so unless your extremely lucky (look under options for something along the lines of localization)

I don't know how big the team that made fifa10 is on localizing for people, but some companies give options, others don't. its just luck. however for the console its very rare to find a game that you can have multiple choices with size limits.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

December 29, 2009, 09:21:14 AM #4 Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 09:23:08 AM by Pink AG
I'm surprised the game even works on your console. It's supposed to lockout since your game and your console are from different regions. Most PAL games are Multi-5. Which means it comes in 5 languages. Try to translate the menus and look for a Language/Localization Menu.

#TYBG

Would it be easier to spend another ten dollars on a us version?

I updated my previous post. Check that out.

@Mike

Yes it would, but it's not 10 dollars in America. Khy is looking if it is possible to change it with the version he has right now. Although I would agree, just get the American version.

#TYBG

Quote from: Pink AG on December 29, 2009, 09:21:14 AM
I'm surprised the game even works on your console. It's supposed to lockout since your game and your console are from different regions. Most PAL games are Multi-5. Which means it comes in 5 languages. Try to translate the menus and look for a Language/Localization Menu.

Ohhh crap really?
I dont have my xbox with me, thatd be a blower.

And @keenmike, i guess not, ill see how this all goes.
I thought it was kinda cool though, since im not a big fan of soccer, getting a soccer game from europe, as it seemed right.

I bet you can take screenshots and ask a german friend to translate.

i can translate if you want...but not all of it xD

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse