SWBF2-inspired missions

Started by ggctuk, August 10, 2009, 01:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 10, 2009, 01:57:36 PM Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:16:03 AM by Buckler
Edited by buckler:  Link is broken, if anyone has these files, please let me know and we can put them up here.

RELEASE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7PNNCKZ0

That's right, I'm currently making a series of mods based off those cross-era maps seen in BF2.

KAMINO: Changing of the Guard
MUSTAFAR: Tying up Loose Ends

Features:

GCW-era, but based in CW to get all sounds working.
New SFX for the Empire's weaponry - now their weapons sound like they SHOULD! New music suitable to each faction/planet.
Minor fixes to the newer sides ensure that new sounds play when they are meant to - you can now hear Lightsaber delfecting blaster shots!
No need to have the Main Play Mod installed! The only mission that uses stock sides is Mustafar, and even then you do not need the mod.

*edit* they are SWBF2 inspired and not BF2. BF2= Battlefield 2, a popular modern-day FPS. Try to avoid confusion.  .invertus

*edit* BF2 is still "Battlefront II" abbreviated, but noted.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Great news. Thanks for the hard work.
Let me know when they are done and I'll add them to the list.

August 11, 2009, 01:09:38 AM #2 Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:12:16 AM by ggctuk
They're almost done, but I have a glitch where whenever the Empire captures a CP, (if you're playing as the Empire), then you'll hear the CIS Offcier going "We've lost a command post." Likewise, when we lose a post, "We've captured a command post". Just that to fix.

I've also got to figure out what Mustafar's death regions are called. Or... I could follow BattleBelk's tut on getting BF2 maps into BF1.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Can a mod move this into the Releases section?

Okay, here's the beta release.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7PNNCKZ0

It still has the CIS voice glitch, mind.

There's also a bonus map: tata - Tatooine: Hero Assault.
In Progress:

On Hold:

December 05, 2009, 10:25:48 AM #4 Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:33:13 AM by ggctuk
lol.

Consider the pack I released a "Demo". I'm doing more missions now. So far, I have the following mapped out:

-SPACE: Coruscant - the space map I had announced in another thread
-SPACE: Mustafar - CIS vs Imperials space battle.
-Kashyyyk: Invasion - based on the first mission of TFU, mod of Kashyyyk: Docks, with new vehicles.
-Kamino: Changing of the Guard
-Mustafar: Tying Up Loose Ends
-Coruscant: Order 66
-Naboo: Battle of the Grassy Plains - mod of Naboo: Plains.

I'll also be redoing the Kamino mission to feature on BFII Kamino.

I want to do others but for now that is all I can think of.
In Progress:

On Hold:

God news and bad news:

The good news: I've started on "Space: Mustafar". At present, the CIS and Imperial Ships are quite a distance apart, I might consider second captial ships for them both. The Imperial Space officer class is the EVO Trooper from The Force Unleashed (although there are a couple of creative liberties) and I'm using my Imperial Shuttle from the Main Play Mod over the Prototype Shuttle. No screens yet, mind.

The bad news: Space: Coruscant is currently on hold as I try to fix an unknown crashing problem.
In Progress:

On Hold:

News: I haven't worked on the Space Map for a while, but I have got other ideas which I'm incorporating. I'm including mission maps based off the PSP version of BF2's "Imperial Enforcer" missions.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Anything new is cool. I will be here when you or anyone needs a partner to play and test.