Legion Changer Script(s)

Started by SleepKiller, January 07, 2012, 07:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Legion Changer Script(s)

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=414

Legion changing scripts.

Demonstarted here.

Read the comments I put in ifs_legion. Make your own side LVLs.

Example .req file of what a side LVL that uses this should look like.

ucft
{
    REQN
    {
       "texture"
       "rep_inf_arc_blue"
       "rep_inf_arc_pack_blue"
       "rep_inf_htrooper"
       "rep_inf_pilot"
       "rep_inf_sharpshooter"
       "rep_inf_trooper"
       "jetpack_prop"
    } 
}

The textures names should match the ones your trying to replace.

Thanks a ton for releasing this. Really cool and has a lot of potential I will be testing alien unit texture changers and hopefully map skin changers for cloud city.

I have some questions I tried making it change skins for other sides but it didn't work. Is this for clones only and if so how can I change it to other sides?

It loads up a replacment TGA so for other sides it should work as long as the TGA name matches the old TGA's name.

Quote from: SleepKiller on January 08, 2012, 07:24:33 PM
It loads up a replacment TGA so for other sides it should work as long as the TGA name matches the old TGA's name.
all_inf_trooper.tga is the normal skin for one all.lvl
all_inf_trooper.tga is the duke nukem skin for the 2nd all.lvl

But when I click the button to load the 2nd lvl the skin does not change. This is the confusing part.

Hm, strange it should work for anything. Mad eth eappropiate changes to ifs_legion?

This is what I have changed ifs_legion to

{ tag = "allstock", string = "Rebels Stock", },
{ tag = "alltwilight", string = "Rebels Twilight", },

if(this.CurButton == "allstock") then
        ReadDataFileInGame("all.lvl")
elseif (this.CurButton == "alltwilight") then
        ReadDataFileInGame("alltwilight.lvl")

And it does not load the textures from alltwilight.lvl

And the LVLS are located in C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\ not any sub-directories?

January 08, 2012, 07:54:50 PM #9 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 08:04:19 PM by Phobos Developer
they are in the SIDE folder.... so i just move them up one folder?

or can i add /side/ to the readdatafile line

Ok so I moved them up a folder but it results in an instant crash every time i change legion!

Message Severity: 3
D:\src\FRONTLINE_PC\RedEngineFL\Memory\RedMemory.cpp(348)
allocation failed - no free blocks left in Heap 5 ((null))

Looks like it is out of memory, how many TGAs are changing at once?

Only the 5 textures for units have been changed. Duke nukem, scientist, gordon freeman, golum, and rancorian pharoh textures for the 5 rebel units. What is the solution?

Very strange I have no idea what is going on sorry.

January 08, 2012, 08:31:17 PM #13 Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 09:24:18 PM by Phobos Developer
Nothing is working. I tried making a new side with only the req you posted and only one file edited, the clone pilot TGA in the MSH folder. This stopped the crash but the textures still do not change in game. I am wondering something must be different with your sides because I cannot get skins to change even when using your exact same LUA. Would you be willing to upload your rep501st.lvl so I can see if it works, crashes, or does nothing

A shot in the dark, could override texture support be an issue?
(I'm not set up to test, just throwing in my first thought)