Star Wars Battlefront EYEFINITY (Triple Monitor Display)

Started by AiRJacobs, September 02, 2015, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I followed your tutorial that you posted earlier. I followed it exactly.

If you are wondering what change I made, I changed the 1st Person FOV of all the Republic Soldiers (Clones) to 100 (instead of 70). This may not seem very high, but it is enough to see a distinct difference. I could see more around me, like the screen was zoomed out a bit more, however, the screen was still stretched, so I am riding on my newer theory that the player camera has a separate aspect ratio from the game program (if that makes any sense).

I noticed something about the image I uploaded. Take a look at either of the spawn screen images that I uploaded. You will notice that nothing up front is stretched out (Font size is normal, map is normal, clone trooper is not stretched), but if you look at the blue background, you should be able to see the world is stretched horizontally. This boggles my mind. How  can a foreground not look distorted, but the background can? I think we should look into this more.

OK, thanks.  That kind of munge error seems to happen to people a lot and I never get the error, so I like to understand the cause and effect when other people get it.

The background is a skydome and the way it is created is to wrap a picture file around in a circle.  So maybe the foreground is independent of the background mapping or something.

It sounds like you have a pretty cool set up.  The best tool we have is BattleBelks resolution changer, so if that didn't work, I am not sure what else we can try.  We have some modding gurus here, so maybe they can think of some options.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

It's not the skybox, I am positive of that. Regardless, I have given up on Star Wars Battlefront I Eyefinity. I guess I will just stick with standard, single monitor resolutions, such as 1920x1080. The game itself runs fine though.

I have moved on to Star Wars Battlefront II. It was far easier to set up and get working, however, I have run into another issue. The player camera is fine, now the HUD is screwed up. I will start a new thread under the "Star Wars Battlefront II" category and go into more detail, including screenshots.

Quote from: AiRJacobs on September 02, 2015, 07:00:12 PM
If you are wondering what change I made, I changed the 1st Person FOV of all the Republic Soldiers (Clones) to 100 (instead of 70). This may not seem very high, but it is enough to see a distinct difference. I could see more around me, like the screen was zoomed out a bit more, however, the screen was still stretched, so I am riding on my newer theory that the player camera has a separate aspect ratio from the game program (if that makes any sense).

I noticed something about the image I uploaded. Take a look at either of the spawn screen images that I uploaded. You will notice that nothing up front is stretched out (Font size is normal, map is normal, clone trooper is not stretched), but if you look at the blue background, you should be able to see the world is stretched horizontally. This boggles my mind. How  can a foreground not look distorted, but the background can? I think we should look into this more.
Not sure if this will work, idk if SWBF uses Vertical FOV, but you could try changing First and Third Person FOV in the ODF to 23. This should stretch to 90 Horizontal FOV at 5280x1050.

http://www.rjdown.co.uk/projects/bfbc2/fovcalculator.php