Team Damage

Started by Droideka, July 13, 2009, 10:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which do you like more, team damage being off or on?

On
12 (54.5%)
Off
5 (22.7%)
Not sure/don't care
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

So I've been fooling around in Battlefront enjoying the game and getting by old spirit back- and I've come across this great issue: Team damage. So I'd like to poll you all, what is your opinion on team damage? Is it better to have it on or off?

I prefer to have it on actually- it requires skill and makes the game realistic, and it makes you adapt to the changes in mining tactics or melee combat tactics, changing the way the game is played drastically. Having TK on is also usually what clans decide on for matches- it's considered a more professional way of playing, while having TK off is a fun way to relax and just pub around in the servers, like in Led's cloud city server.

So, voice your opinions all, I'm interested to see the responses.  8)
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

On. What are you gonna do? Spam a million rockets. Stop sniping your teammates down CC. (for comments on hypocrisy, refer to this: http://www.beenbettercomic.com/844/)

I make sigs

I keep mine on default :P Takes less time to change :)

I'm all for having it on and i think having it off in any match is stupid, however being as such you must have it off in a place such as a dedicated server purely because people would walk in and feel like being jerks and TKing everyone- so i'm only up for allowing it in a place such as that, for any type of duel, clanmatch or so forth it should clearly be on.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Keep TK on, it makes the game more interesting. If I ever turn it off, it would only be if I was bored or to experiment with something.

Yeah, since I started my SWBF experience with MXG players, I was intially more familiar with TK on.  However, as HC mentioned, in a public server TK on turns into a TK-fest, and unless an admin is in the server, things get out of control.

TK off can be fun to play, particularly if you get good with nade-a-pults.  It can units to places that they ordinarly couldn't get to, and in a way, partially even out the advantages that a Clones and Empire teams get with jets.

Matches get set by the teams that play them, and I don't have any trouble with participants agreeing to what ever terms they come up with.  Most 1.2 version PC clans would have team damage on.  The former 1.0 clans liked to play no jet, no pilot, no cp, hallway only, tk off.  (Yuk  :P ).

Buckler aka Led
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I like TK on, when I'm playing. Btw @ Buckler, Ouch I wouldn't like playing with those clans. :P

Although I tire of saying "sry" to all my teammates for my anxious nade toss or if I get spooked rounding a corner, I like it on in spite of myself.

Glad you have BF back Droidy.

Yup I'm glad to be back too, I missed the game  :moo:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I accidentally kill Destructor all the time but besides that, I don't mind having TK on.

#TYBG

Team damage on.  Sure you get a lot of moronic tkers who think it is fun or funny, but that is more a problem of not having admins online to permanently ip ban them...

I prefer it off for online play, simply on the basis that there are a bunch of nublet's out their who insist on TKing.

I like it on but then its annoying when people keep killing you.  :rant:

Definitely on. Who would want to sacrifice the right to blow their teammates to kingdom come?