History

Started by Rexy, June 13, 2009, 11:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I really like history and so I am going to make a swbf mac clan history timeline but I need some help with the older clans. Could you please send me some links of there sites or just tell me anything helpful about them? Before Feburary 29th is what I need? Thanks for all of your help! First off if anyone knows who formed ELD,  JCA, ICG and the original IAS that would be much appreciated. Aany oher info on swbf mac clanes being would be awesome also! The more names of members the better!

The Clan's i've heard of are: Legends, IAS, BHF, ACW, AOC, RC, CIS, REP, HTF and DDT.  :nod:

"Your foe is well equipped, well-trained, battle-hardened. He believes his gods are on his side. Let him believe what he will. We have the tanks on ours."

I think I could help you out with this  :D

The first clan to ever form over the original site (I think it was on SWBFmac, maybe earlier) was the original {ACW} started by Gamer9er.  Shortly after that, Commando Cheese started (IGC).  {ACW} = Arc Warriors, (IGC) = Intergalactic Commandos

For awhile those two clans were the most dominant.  (IGC) later was the one to come out on top, but when they started to decline, {ACW} kind of took over in a way.  (IGC) was in its prime when we (yea i was in it) had Cheese, NF, Hairy Beast, Jack the Knife, me, and a few others who might be still around here.  Imo it started going downhill when Cheese and NF left.

JCA was originally formed by Yatter I think as a third clan to the original giants at the time, ACW and IGC.  Didn't start out too great, but later on, they were the only real clan to challenge ELD.

I can't really give you a detailed history on all this, since I wasn't around for ALL of it.  I know that Gamer9er formed the first Mac clan {ACW}, and Commando Cheese formed (IGC) shortly afterwards.  Those two eventually combined to form <IAS>.  <IAS>'s original leaders were Jack the Knife, Minor Fwan, and Realization (Broken Reality).

[ELD] is what I would consider the BEST Mac clan to ever play.  Imo of course.  They had the best individual skill and some truly amazing teamwork.  I think it was Commando Cheese and Nightfalcon who originally started it, but there was some feud between Cheese and NF, and Cheese left so NF took over.  I know wrath, raje, and a few others were on that team, and there really wasn't a "leader", but if you had to pick one, I'd say Nightfalcon was the real leader of that team.

Those are some info on the older clans.  Hoped it helped.  I'm sure some other old members here could give you more detailed history on all that though.

i would have to say, as i recall GF was the only clan to ever beat ELD? and they were also here in the time of JCA/ACW/IGC.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

GF never beat ELD.

GF was another clan that broke off of IGC. I think it is a testament to IGC that ELD, JCA, and GF were all formed as splinters of IGC.

GF was lead by "Da Bomb" AKA Stealth. Second in command was trinidad.

The ACW we have today is NOT the original but rather a second clan formed by...I forget. But it is important to remember this IS NOT the old ACW. IAS has the old ACW as part of it. This was made a while after ACW and IGC merged into IAS.

IGC and ACW merged to form IAS. Tombolo, Jack, MF, and BR were the leaders.

I was here in the glory days of IGC under the name rawblade :D

Quote from: "iBlade"GF never beat ELD.

GF was another clan that broke off of IGC. I think it is a testament to IGC that ELD, JCA, and GF were all formed as splinters of IGC.

GF was lead by "Da Bomb" AKA Stealth. Second in command was trinidad.

The ACW we have today is NOT the original but rather a second clan formed by...I forget. But it is important to remember this IS NOT the old ACW. IAS has the old ACW as part of it. This was made a while after ACW and IGC merged into IAS.

IGC and ACW merged to form IAS. Tombolo, Jack, MF, and BR were the leaders.

I was here in the glory days of IGC under the name rawblade :O   How could I... lol.  I remember you too blade.  I think you came around right at the tail end of the "glory days"  :P   Imo if the new ACW comes back they should come up with a new name.  Thats my opinion of course, they can do whatever they want  :p  But my opinion is that a team should come up with a new name if NONE of the original members of the old team are still around.  

I remember IGC tried to make a comeback.  Cheese and I tried to do it, but it failed, because Cheese left and I honestly didn't have time to lead a clan, so it just didn't work out.

When ACW was REformed- by as i recall Gamer9er (Firespray should know?) and Turkle, it did have Original members, just not all of them from what i was told.

I was told by Wrath that GF was the only one to beat ELD ever, that is why i said it happened, ill ask him for clarification.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

He may have been joking.

But yeah the Old ACW is part of IAS, the ACW we have today is a version 2.0.

Quote from: "Hardcore"When ACW was REformed- by as i recall Gamer9er (Firespray should know?) and Turkle, it did have Original members, just not all of them from what i was told.

I was told by Wrath that GF was the only one to beat ELD ever, that is why i said it happened, ill ask him for clarification.

O yea I remember.  SchTicK may have also been an original member idk.

The way I heard it regarding ELD and GF was that GF won one map, but lost the match overall.

I guess I will fill you in on the clan known as (DB). It was started by a guy named Daa Bob who I think didn't pass the tryouts for IAS and ACW. He basically just went on to Gameranger inviting anyone he met to join the clan, and I happened to be the first. I accepted because I thought I was too weak to join IAS or ACW, and thought it would be cool to be second in command. Because I was the first player to join we discussed what our clan name should be. We couldn't think of anything and I said let's just call our clan Daa Bobs for now until we think of something better. He agreed, and we never really did think of anything better, so the name stuck.

The first other player that joined DB that I remember was Bullwinkle Boy, but he was inactive. We did get a decent amount of dedicated new players and our main roster included: Me, Daa Bob, Khyler, Ciceor, Niddo, Tomaszl, and Scicor. TP joined our ranks for a time too, but wasn't quite active enough to make it to any practices or matches. We had "practices" like going to Utapau sinkhole and jetting to the bottom of the hole, but we did go try out VS's training map to hone our sniping skills.

We faced IAS and ACW both once and got totally crushed, like by more than 600 tickets each. DB (0-2)

We were in the process of scheduling a match with BHF, but Khyler and a few others regular members decided to break off from DB. Daa Bob was almost completely inactive, and I decided to join BHF. The rest of  DB seemed to do the same or just leave completely.

Wow Thanks for all this info! So then ACW was the first swbf mac clan made?

Well, as the leader of BHF, I guess I better give you some history on it..

I formed the clan out of boredom on Janurary 30th 2008, after a while I managed to get w0rm (dawn) to join, I have no idea how I got this name, but I remember one of w0rms suggests "WJO, w0rms jedi order" xD

Anyway, we tried hard at recruiting people for the next month or so, we got quite a few members too, they just never stuck around. We recruited Ryanoceros sometime in that period, and he stuck with us.

Around April or something, whenever DB dissolved, Niddo (whatever happened to him? he rocked) and MZ joined the clan, same with Toothpicks and that's when we really began to kick off, we faced ACW, got beaten, even though it was quite a good match. Those were the good old days, even if we were bad :P

Stuff happened, I think we faced IAS as well...we lost, and w0rm and I decided to disband BHF sometime in July

September/October I restarted BHF, much to my suprise most of the old members joined up, along with some new additions like tomaszl

A few months later, who knows when...we faced IAS, won the first half, but the second half is yet to come around...we wre supposed to face Legends too, but i have no clue where that went, the clan bbroke up anyway.

BHF is still kicking..just not as active...BREAKING NEWS: w0rm rejoins BHF!!

Hurrah! w0rm is back!

#TYBG

Quote from: "Master Zen"The first other player that joined DB that I remember was Bullwinkle Boy, but he was inactive. We did get a decent amount of dedicated new players and our main roster included: Me, Daa Bob, Khyler, Ciceor, Niddo, Tomaszl, and Scicor. TP joined our ranks for a time too, but wasn't quite active enough to make it to any practices or matches. We had "practices" like going to Utapau sinkhole and jetting to the bottom of the hole, but we did go try out VS's training map to hone our sniping skills.

@Rex, Yes ACW was the first clan, but not the ACW around now. The one around now is the "new" ACW, which was formed and joined by old ELD member basically.
@Zen Tomaszl was not in DB. I recruited him close to when he joined Gameranger for ISP/GSC. He was not in DB. Btw, Ciceor is awesome. Also: Shroomlover, and a couple other really good actives in DB you missed.

Quote from: "Red"I wasn't here when IGC first started, but I joined a few months after. There really is a lot to talk about. Basically, the first two mac clans were ACW and IGC and we had plenty of matches, with IGC winning the majority. IGC was, in a way, the metaphorical "Empire" of mac gaming. We dominated all games and were composed of the absolute best. Months passed like this, during the old "glory days" of mac SWBF gaming (from the late beginning to a few months after the creation of the clans), but it wouldn't last. One thing lead to another, one of our members left and formed a new clan and things spiraled down from there. I believe that just before that mac clan gaming started to become less of a casual, "let's all have a good time", atmosphere into another one where the point was to win and stay loyal to your clan and nothing else. It eventually got very nasty within IGC, and I won't deny that I was part of that reason, with me being completely insane and fanatical about IGC. Eventually, Cheese had to leave for some military business he had in Iraq (I think? correct me if I'm wrong) and leadership was left to NF. After that, ELD was formed and convinced a lot of the older (and mostly better) players to leave IGC and join ELD. Tombolo managed to keep us together, though, and we joined with the old ACW to make IAS. The rest is history.

^^ Red explained it better than I did.  He was in IGC back when he was known as Frank Kenobi 3.0 I think  XD

Quote from: "Captain Rex"Wow Thanks for all this info! So then ACW was the first swbf mac clan made?

Correct.  It was formed by Gamer9er, my little bro.  He was the first member to join the original site besides the Admins (Zak, Weili, Jedikiller) themselves.