Tips on Shooting Jet Troopers While in the Air.

Started by Helios, October 27, 2012, 03:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 29, 2012, 03:51:10 PM #15 Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:53:39 PM by [FC]Elite
SirPimped wins easily against Noobish
Noobish tried to air kill me before in TWA server but fail big time lol
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

Noobish is much better than any FC at airkilling and better with shotgun than any FC.
Anyway thats not so hard...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

October 29, 2012, 04:03:08 PM #17 Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 04:05:05 PM by [FC]Elite
Lol Anyder I have owned Noobish in TWA server easily. If I can do it, then anyone in FC can.
I have also air killed him before multiple times, making him quit the server.
<br /><br />Top SWBF1 Modder and Skill Clan 2009-20??

take it somewhere else guys. this is for tips, not presenting claims to who is the best.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

October 29, 2012, 05:51:37 PM #19 Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:12:47 PM by sirpimped
I make my videos for the enjoyment of others and myself. If you don't like them, then don't watch them. As Buckler said, this is to give tips to people who want to try a new aspect of the game. If anyone else would like help on air killing in game, contact me on X-Fire. I am willing to give practice sessions. I'll even help you if you ask nicely Anyder  8)

Am I allow to pick days for lessons, Lol xD , But if I can ill choose Every First week Wednesday, Friday, and every second week, I want just One hour maximum on Saturday around 1:00 pm est
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Quote from: Anyder on October 29, 2012, 04:00:06 PM
Noobish is much better than any FC at airkilling and better with shotgun than any FC.
Anyway thats not so hard...

Want to prove this in game? FC is willing to take you up on this claim. Hit me up on xfire if you are. I won't discuss it in this thread further.

Is their a timing method you could use to improve timing on your shot?

Quote from: ComSharpshot on October 29, 2012, 07:37:07 PM
Is their a timing method you could use to improve timing on your shot?
It's really just a matter of practice.

Or it's a matter of calculating math (which is almost impossible in-game). A shot velocity for shotgun is 150. The pilot moves at velocity 7 and darktrooper 6 (while not flying). Take into account the distance you are from the person (farther they are, more you aim ahead), as well as the random spread of your gun (darktrooper will inevitably perform better at long range with shotgun, at close range it can go either way).

Oh ok so what your are saying is aim and practice is the best timing methods?

October 29, 2012, 07:50:20 PM #25 Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 07:54:27 PM by Phobos
Quote from: ComSharpshot on October 29, 2012, 07:45:35 PM
Oh ok so what your are saying is aim and practice is the best timing methods?
There are way too many factors at play to explain everything. Other 'timing' considerations you have to keep in mind are reload time (1.75 seconds for shotgun and it can often jam if you switch weapons during this timer). As well as pistol overheat and recharge. Shot delay is also 1.0 second, etc.

If you want a better understanding of how the timers work I suggest looking through the shotgun odfs and ordnances.

another tip, ppl often fire shotgun bursts once per second as this is the minimum time in between shots. So they burn through a whole clip in 6 seconds, and experienced players can easily catch on to this rytham and "duck behind cover" every second. So my advice is spread you shots out over more time, wait 1.5 seconds, then 1 second, then 1.7, keep randomizing it. and use pistol in between shots for maximum efficeiny. 

the best strategy for weapons with long reload and shot delay is to not fall into timing patterns an opponent can easily recognize and adapt to always play unpredictable as you can

Alright I think that on that note this topic has solved. Thank you to everyone for the help... Plz don't lock for future references  :tu:

No thxnaks, I leanred how to airkilled long time ago, ure too late.
U have to
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Both are prbz the best air killers in swbf. @Elite yeah everyone fais sometimes every SirPimped so its not that unusual.

Quote from: Phobos on October 29, 2012, 07:41:55 PM
It's really just a matter of practice.

Or it's a matter of calculating math (which is almost impossible in-game). A shot velocity for shotgun is 150. The pilot moves at velocity 7 and darktrooper 6 (while not flying). Take into account the distance you are from the person (farther they are, more you aim ahead), as well as the random spread of your gun (darktrooper will inevitably perform better at long range with shotgun, at close range it can go either way).

You don't have to make it like rocket science like that. As long as you have played the game enough (which isn't a lot to figure out how far ahead one would have to aim so the target walks into the shot) it's pretty easy. The nice thing about this game is that you can actually see the bullets and move out of the way just barely (except for the Droideka).

As for taking out a flying Republic Jet, the greatest threat is their EMP Launcher if you are in direct combat with them. If you are not in direct combat with a Jet and you are "sniping" (doesn't have to be with the sniper rifle) it is still a bit difficult because Rep. Jet's are more versatile compared to a DT who's jumps are very predictable and if you are not directly in combat with them you can get them at their zenith since that is when they slow down momentarily. Not to mention after facing enough DT's and using them yourself you get the general feel about their speed and can make better predictions and calculations about how early to fire.