Direct Connection

Started by Rexy, June 09, 2009, 09:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well Hardcore told me to post in here about how to portforward and set up a DC for swbf. I dont really know what im sayingh except that I would like to know how to play on the Dircet connection option in multiplayer (lol) im pretty dumb with computers. Any help would be apprecitaed.

About creating and portforwarding I can't help you.

However, if it's joining a DC that you're talking about, then I can help you there. If you want to join a DC. You only need to know the IP. Just go into SWBF, go to Multiplayer - Direction Connection. Then you will see an IP (it'll probably be yours automatically typed in.) Delete that, and replace it with the IP that you want to join. A room is usually posted on GR if a DC is up. If the IP is correctly inputed, and you have the maps being played you should be able to join.

The exact directions vary by router, but http://portforward.com/ should have them for your router. If you are directly connected to your modem (or cable box or whatever) you don't need to do anything

Basically, just forward port 3658 to your computer (UDP I believe, but set it to both to be safe) by following the instructions on the site

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"