Do you approve of radar being used in public servers?

Started by Phobos, September 19, 2012, 03:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think its Ok to use Radar in public servers, cause its JUST A MOD, same like Xhairs, modded core, and those things.
If ure gonna tell me it gives u advantage, ill tell u : Doesnt a good crosshair do too ?
So I voted Yes.
But if host dislikes players to use it, and he knows u have it, just dont use it when he is online.

Kit Fisto, wanna make a DC this weekend with some other guys ? :D
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: ImmortaL Anyder on September 20, 2012, 06:26:57 AM
Kit Fisto, wanna make a DC this weekend with some other guys ? :D
I might. Partly because I have a Water Polo tourament ( again ) this Friday and Saturday. But if you make a different topic and get time/maps and all that I might be able to play. :cheers:

Funny, when I try to play DC, my radar is always jammed... If somebody know, how to switch it on, it's cud be explanation, why people always found me, and kill, before, I even try figure out, what's going on...
With radar, the life is surely easy! I cud not allow anyone come to close, and shooting in me by those missiles. Also, I may easy finding snipers, sitting somewhere, in the other side of the map. So, it will be totaly mid range game, and my rifle will be realy lethal weapon ;).
It is realy shame, I do not know, to swtch radar on... :( So, I think, it is not fair ;).
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

I like radar, although i've never used it, I like the challenge of trying to kill another player that is "cheating."
But I don't like it because it makes the newbies whine/spam the whole time...

Quote from: RepublicCommando on September 26, 2012, 09:32:26 PM
I like radar, although i've never used it, I like the challenge of trying to kill another player that is "cheating."
It's only cheating if the host says it's not allowed. Otherwise no.

Quote from: RepublicCommando on September 26, 2012, 09:32:26 PM

None of the preceding sentences make any sense.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'd approve of radar if everyone on the server had it
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

What Phobos said, plus I agree that any form of mod may just basically cause Advantage if that's it's idea. It's only the noobs who are too lazy to get the mod themselves that spam.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I would say yes because if no one says you cant do it why cant you? So if a Restrant has a no loitering sign then you cant loiter but if there isnt then u can loiter! Probly doesnt make sence to uou but it does to me! :tu:

Quote from: {Recruit}FrenchFry on September 27, 2012, 04:44:54 PM
I would say yes because if no one says you cant do it why cant you? So if a Restrant has a no loitering sign then you cant loiter but if there isnt then u can loiter! Probly doesnt make sence to uou but it does to me! :tu:
It makes sense to me. anyone heard of moral hazard? I dont care what your opinion on radar is, if you're in a situation where
-the server host doesn't care
-there's no realistic way of monitoring its use
-radar is fairly easy to enable
then you are put in a very weak position by saying unequivocally that radar is bad. Once you're done calling out and publicly bashing the handful of people who see no problem in public declaring that they use radar, the other 75% are still using it and you have actually made the game less fair by keeping the playing field uneven.

In short, I maintain that regardless of your personal opinion, from a pragmatic perspective neutrality/acceptance is the only policy that makes sense.

Don't mistake the inability of enforcement for not caring.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Oh jeez, I cannot stand the neutrality/acceptance policies.. I think if you use radar, or any other cheat, then you imply that you are unable to play by the standard rules of the game. If everyone in a specific server has the exact same cheats then the playing field is leveled once again so I think that would be fine. But its not fair if everyone else plays by the standard rules and one or two other people use some kind of cheating advantage. Nobody likes a cheater! :whip: I prefer to play fairly, win or lose.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well Snake, you would be right...IF the server said NO (Imput Cheat here) or the admin said you cant! But if no one tells you that you cant what are the reasons you shouldnt! I think its just logic....But I see what you are saying

Quote from: Snake on September 27, 2012, 08:12:21 PM
Oh jeez, I cannot stand the neutrality/acceptance policies.. I think if you use radar, or any other cheat, then you imply that you are unable to play by the standard rules of the game. If everyone in a specific server has the exact same cheats then the playing field is leveled once again so I think that would be fine. But its not fair if everyone else plays by the standard rules and one or two other people use some kind of cheating advantage. Nobody likes a cheater! :whip: I prefer to play fairly, win or lose.
Everything in this post reflects my opinion. You don't like the way the game came without radar to see enemies in MP? Don't play it. Most games don't let you see your enemies on radar Modern Warfare 3 being one that I just played however like SWBF it let's you see enemies locations when they fire. A perfectly reasonable person. Going by the logic of [FC] it would be okay for me to go ahead and make an aimbot because anybody could download the programs needed to program such a device, but aimbots are frowned on in every single FPS I have ever played. The radar hack may not be as powerful as a aimbot but it is still a cheat and should be treated as such. I have no idea how you some of you guys can justify its use in public servers.  I'm not looking to pick a fight here, please don't think I am.